Favourite City

Discussion in 'Community' started by student_trap, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

Hey all,

Just wondering how many mac users live in old blighty?
    And what everyone's favourite city is?
    How far do mac users stretch round the globe?

Im from London and love it, and yes, i couldn't imagine being anywhere else!

How about you?

2. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

I love living in London - always something going on, places to go. Can't imagine living anywhere else either but I'm sure that will change as I get older. If I ever have kids it will definitely change :p
    Leeds runs it pretty close though :D

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

The little bit of time I spent in London really surprised me: I went from, "Eh, it's just like any other major city" to "Hm, it's pretty cool," to "I wouldn't mind living here!" I looooove Venice though.

4. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

I live in CT a "suburban" area although the nearest city is hartford. Hartford I must say is probably one of the worst cities. There is very little to do there and people are always getting shot (usually drug/gang related).

For a US city I love New York. It has tons of things to do, biz capital of the world, and it just seems to have a lot of spirit and its fun.

I love London, Venice, and Rome as well. I think they're beautiful cities. I think its intresting to see cities that are so old compared to US cities.

5. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    Im so biased it wouldn't be fair... i really liked Hong Kong, there's an energy that's missing here, the night life is pretty good. I like visiting NYC, but the energy there is more of a hurry up, get out of my way kind, and it makes me nervous. Vancouver is nice too, but a bit too laid back, though the proximity to Whistler/Blackcomb is wonderful.
    my fav... would have to be LA, the weather is wonderful, the beach and the mtns are both 30 minutes drive. Summer at the beach, winter in the mountains sking/snowboarding. gobs of hiking trails, large amounts of camping sites all within a days drive, varying from desert to high country... if it were just a bit more humid, my orchids would be happier, thus I would be happier here.

life is nice on the 34th parallel. :D

6. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Eh, I don't like LA too much primarily because of the transportation, or lack thereof. I like how in other cities you can easily get around by subway/metro, bus, walk... whenever I go to LA it takes roughly 40mins by car to get from point A to point B!

7. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

8. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia

it's all about where you live and where you want to go and what time. you learn to deal with it, and plan accordingly. Literally, everything is 30 minutes from my house... work.. most of my friends. At least we dont say "hella" all the time.. :D ;)

I suppose you could say that for just about any fault of city, but like I said, im biased.

9. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Riga, Latvia. Although Kaunus, Lithuania seemed to be the land of supermodels, if you're into that sort of thing.

10. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

favorite city after boston, vienna or salzberg

11. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

I lived in London for 8 months. Not really my "cup of tea" but my sister loves it and will be returning in a few months if she can get another visa.

My fav. city is NYC (sorry to be unoriginal, but it really is)

12. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Of all the places I have visited I am rather partial to Paris and Quebec City. I love Stockholm too, but I haven't spent enough time there for it to be a favorite.

13. Sirus The Virus macrumors 6502a

Sirus The Virus

Since I love the energy and rush of the city. NYC is by far my favorite.

14. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

NYC is amazing for it's sheer size/population, but I could never live there.

But as far as favorite cities, I'd have to say for me, Québec, Newport RI, and Boston.

Myrtle Beach is is also nice, if you're not on the main strip.

15. Mood macrumors regular

Mood

Atlanta, Chicago, London, TORONTO. boston

NYC sucks, way too much crime and rude.

16. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

London, or San Francisco. London doesn't really offer hot weather and sea views. :p

17. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    I haven't been to too many citys that aren't in the western US, but of the ones I've been to my favorites are

1) Seattle
    2) San Francisco
    3) Edinburgh
    4) London

18. bartelby macrumors Core

For some reason I love Evanston, Illinois.
    Small yet big at the same time and close Chicago.

19. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

San Francisco is my all time favorite. I also like Perth, Prague, and Cardiff. I had a great time in Cardiff, but there are so many more to see yet.

20. Brother Michael macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

I live in Columbus, Ohio.

I hate it.

Well not really, but there are a lot of things that I hate about this place *cough* Ohio State University/the Buckeye's *cough*

I go to school in Bowling Green, Ohio...It's a farm town. I am indifferent about it.

I want to go to the East Coast I think, like the Carolina's...unless everyone else beats me there. I also wouldn't mind giving city life a try.

Mike

21. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

It's been too long since I was in London. That have to be my favorite town/city (excluding my own, of course... ;)), but mostly for vacations. I think it would be too big and crowded for me to live in permanently. I've also been to Edinburgh a couple of times and that's a place I could see myself settling if I ever was to move from Bergen. ;)

Next year there's a good chance that we go to London for our vacation. A week in London and a week or two of slow paced barging the canals with my whole family would be the perfect holiday, I think... :)

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yes- get out of Ohio. I did, and life got so much better! There is so much more to discover.

Favorite cities: Chicago, IL (now and forever my home) and Berlin, Germany (maybe someday my second home if I can ever manage it).

23. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

1: Paris
    2: Prague
    3: New York City
    4: Queenstown
    5: San Francisco

24. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

Newport RI is awesome. I have a beach house near by and I drive up to Newport. Love the fun atmosphere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.