Favourite Pen

Discussion in 'Community' started by oldschool, Jul 28, 2005.

1. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

Just as the title says, what is your favourite pen? Rollerball, ballpoint, fountain.

Right now i can't decide between the Pilot G2 and the Uniball Signo 207.

2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Bic Stick Pen with the clear case. Can get a years supply for $1.19... :D

3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

umm.. whatever writing utensils I find laying around the rehearsal room after class. :p

Cheap Bics are the way to go but are horrible on my hands.

4. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i find the best pens come from pen island :D
    but seriously, i like whatever gel pens i can find for cheap. something nice about gel pen ink.

5. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I like Gel Pens, but I'd rather use a mechanical pencil, .05mm, HB lead, my weapon of choice.

6. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

7. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

The best pens that I like are the ones that are given out for FREE :D

Edit: Also, I like most any that I find lying around the campus

8. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I really like the Pentel R.S.V.P. pens (think they are roller ball, or at least they feel that way).

9. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

I prefer fountain pens but don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on them.. Currently, the pen I use most often is a Waterman Phileas fountain pen ($35). No pen I have owned has offered such a nice writing experience for less money. Another pen I really enjoy is the Namiki Vanishing Point ($90). I don't take the Namiki out as often since it costs more. I've lost a few pricey pens before and am now more careful. I'm also very fond of my ballpoint/stylus combo, the Dr. Grip Stylus ($9).

10. rkristich macrumors member

I usually use free pens from places like hotels and dentist offices, just because I always seem to lose pens. Also, all too often somebody will ask to borrow a pen, and I'll of course never see it again. Or I'll see them writing with it 6 months later and they refuse to admit it's not theirs.

However, I recently participated in a junior leadership program in my county where 20 high school students are handpicked to learn about how the county works. At our graduation from the program, we all got gifts of nice Sheaffer pens. At first I thought it was kind of a crappy gift, but I love my pen now. It has my name inscribed on, so nobody can "borrow" the pen and claim it as their own. Not that I willingly let people borrow it, but sometimes people borrow things without asking. It also stays in my purse so that I'll never lose it.

But by far the best thing about my Sheaffer pen is how comfortable it is to write with. And I never have had to scribble to get the ink flowing. I used it for the essays on my AP English Langauge and Composition exam and AP U.S. History exam and while everybody eles's hands were cramping, I was fine. I got a 4 (out of a scale from 1-5) on both exams, and I think having a really good pen contributed somewhat to me doing so well.

11. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

12. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

For ball point pens: Cross. Love 'em (have 6.)
    For fountain pens: Mont Blanc. Expensive, but they write really smooth. Lamy pens are also pretty good (fountain.)

13. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Cheap ball point pens all the way. I hate pens that are heavy and/or fat and for some reason the cheaper the pen, the easier I find it to write with...

Okay, who am I kidding. I don't write anything, I just doodle on the side of the page, but it's still way nicer with a cheap pen. :p

14. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

For ordinary, cheap ball-pens I prefer Pilot BPSGP <M> in black (but I also have a couple of blue and green ones).

[​IMG]

For a bit more comfort I have to go for Dr. Grip, also from Pilot:

[​IMG]

15. ksz macrumors 68000

The Mont Blanc Starwalker Grid Fineliner is simply amazing. One of 3 Mont Blancs in my small collection.

16. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Favourite pen? The one I can lay my hand on the quickest when needed.

Saying that, I used to have a nice funky red Parker rollerball that I left behind in a payphone a few years ago. Currently tucked into my filofax is a 'UNI' gel thing... with dark pink ink. :)

17. iGav macrumors G3

18. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

I didn't know Muji was available outside Japan :eek:
    Go them :D

19. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

Anything that's black, I can't stand writing in blue.

Anything that's free is even better, but if I have to put money towards them, you can't beat a box of 20 clear bics :)

::20ROGERSC::

20. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm not sure that I'd want to buy from someone with "penis" in their URL :eek:

21. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

22. iGary Guest

iGary

23. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i prefer my colleagues pen. whatever brand it is. i have about 25 of them by now :(

24. jdechko macrumors 68040

I like the Pilot G-2 Retractable pens.

But my preferred writing utensil is the Pentel Sharp 0.5mm Drafting Pencil. I had one that I used through all 5 years of college. I only had to replace the lead and the eraser.

25. joetronic macrumors 6502

My pen of choice is a Zebra BP F-301. I'm more of a mechanical pencil guy myself, I only use Pentel 0.7mm P207.