Favourite Place to Be...

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by rickvanr, Oct 6, 2005.

1. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Hey, I know lots of people who have a place they go to get away, and forget about everything going on around them, or a place they goto when they have a big decision to make, their favourite place to be. So I got the idea "If you could be anywhere, where would you be?" A photo must be included!

The place I go is this little inlet off of the St. Lawrence, it's called Molly's Gut. Although I fondly refer to it as 'the Gut'. Anyways, when you traveling westward out of it it's simple gorgeous, and I often just sit there. It's so nice. There is a killer rock formation to the left as well. Here are the shots;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    If I could be anywhere, I would be in this blue car

Attached Files:

• snow.jpg
      snow.jpg
      File size:
      243.4 KB
      Views:
  3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I'd love to chill, and sunbathe on "google hill"
    [​IMG]

but I usually end up asleep with
    [​IMG]<-- that
    on my chest.

I'm not really a nature person. I'm more big-city w00t w00t. I'd rather go to a fancypants art museum to "get away from it all" or take a nap in the backseat of the car, where no one will bother me, than go to a place to rock climb.

although, skagit valley, WA was pretty cool. I just don't do small towns.
    Some pics from Skagit Valley. (I was there for a scottish fiddling compo. It was paid for by the Houston Scottish group. MUAHAH! FREE TRIP!!! I get so many free airfare thingiees.. :):))
    [​IMG][​IMG]

When I played violin there, I was the only person with "correct", classical posture. It bugged me so much! I was there, standing up straight, holding my bow correctly, and people rolled up and were like "YO! I'm gonna play this fiddle GOOD!" and had HORRIBLE posture and got higher than me. BUT, I don't wanna hear it-- I don't really like scottish fiddling.. I just like the scottish men in kilts.. :):)
    [​IMG] <--- if any dictionary ever needs a picture for the word swoon, I think I've got that covered.

....I'm sorry this turned into a post about how much I love kilts. :(

*edit*
    Geez, in the picture of me on the rocks, I wonder what I had in my pocket!

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Why do you all insist on posting these tiny little thumbnails instead of the photos? I know it's a mistake, but it happens so often that I'm starting to wonder whether you "really" want us to see your photo or not? ;)

Anyway, enjoy. ;)

Attached Files:

5. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Oh man that looks cool... But it also looks a bit dangerous, so I think it's a good thing I'm not the driver :p

6. fayans macrumors 6502a

fayans

This is definitely one place I would really miss to be at. But was swept by Tsunami last December - It is called Koh Phi Phi Islands located in Thailand where the movie "The Beach" was shot.

Attached Files:

7. iGary Guest

iGary

Monterey/Big Sur/Carmel, CA - Most definitely plan to get out of here in the next three years and out there.

[​IMG]

8. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    This would be perfect:
    [​IMG]

But really the best place I can think of where I most want to be is in the arms of my lady :eek:

[photo won't be provided there ;)]

9. fayans macrumors 6502a

fayans

Where is this place, Mr. Romantic? :D

10. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Some of those photo upload sites will delete your pictures if you post them around and don't use the thumbs. They should all be clickable.

11. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Greenland ... with all it's humbling majesty of nature.

I love it.

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I think this thread is about where you go NOW (on a semi-regular basis) to get away from it all, not where you'd like to be.

Should I just post a photo of a place I've been to that's nice and relaxing?

13. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Welllll, not sure if the OP was thinking along the same lines as Abstract (a place you sort of frequent, well... frequently). But if once a year is good enough--
    [​IMG]

Sleeping Beauty Castle @ Disneyland.

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Okay then, here goes.....

Haven't been in NZ in 1 year and 3 months, and have only been there one time in my life, but hey, I may go back. Plus it was very relaxing, staring at the marvel of it all. ;)

Driving range......go there semi-often now to beat the ish out of that golf ball. I'm absolutely appalling at golf, though. However, it's takes the stress out of my daily life, and shifts my high stress level over to my crap swing and "lack of game."

Sydney.....nice place, and I go there often enough.

My Uni has one of the nicest campuses in Oz, and if I'm stressed, I go for a walk.

Attached Files:

15. public enemy macrumors regular

public enemy

16. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Patmos, a little island in the dodecanese in greece.

Attached Files:

17. rickvanr thread starter macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Your right, that was my intent. Where do you go to get away on a regular basis.

18. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

All of the pictures above are beautiful, awesome place to relax. Though fond of the beach and snow scenes.

I would be scared in that picture also Katie. ;)

I agree Savage Henry no better place with to be with the lady that one love's. Wouldn't want to be anywhere without her.

19. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Have you got that top left hand picture you attatched (NZ) in high res.? I would love that, awesome photo. :) Thanks.

20. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

[​IMG]

Ahh, I can't wait for the season to begin. It is so peaceful on Blackcomb on a fresh powdery day.

21. jamesW135 macrumors 6502a

jamesW135

That looks amazing!

22. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

^^Yeah, definitely. I've been to *****et (sp?) Island, but that was when I was 13. I might go somewhere on vacation this December break. Maybe Thailand is the place.

Email addy? I have quite a few photos from that spot, all taken with a 2 MB camera. Good enough, I think.

23. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

24. ohcrap macrumors 6502a

Hapuna Beach, on the Big Island of Hawaii.
    [​IMG]
    Been there many times with my family, it is probably the nicest beach I've ever been to, and I say that having been to many. :)

Just curious, anyone been to this particular beach?

25. AZGINBOGA macrumors regular