Favourite quotes?

Discussion in 'Community' started by mrjamin, Oct 7, 2003.

1. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

this has probably been done before but quotes are always flying around, and there are a load of new members so why not!

Mine? Recent favourite is:

"since google knows all and wifi is omnipresent, does that mean that google + wifi = God?"

edit:

just sent the link to a friend who 're-wrote' the lords prayer then and there:

2. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Because it shows how absurd the world is and its out of wack sense.

:(

3. Angelus macrumors 6502

"I am a man of simple tastes,the best will easily suffice."

4. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

How about:

"Those who forget history are destined to repeat the mistakes of the past"

;)

5. Foucault macrumors 6502

Foucault

"The more crap you believe, the better off you are..."

"What matters most is how well you walk through fire..."

- Charles Bukowski

6. bryanc macrumors 6502

Two for the price of one...

"Democracy is the only system in which the majority get what they deserve."
    - W. Churchill

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American Public."
    - P. T. Barnam

Cheers

7. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

"One day I ate Miracle-Gro and my head turned green."

"It's like I always say: you have to have tater tots before you watch lesbian sex."

"If I do the right thing, it's because I want to do the right thing. If I do the wrong thing, it's because someone told me not to."

All personal quotes. The first was spoken when I was 8, the second before watching Susan Sarandon and Catherine Denueve get it on in The Hunger, and the last because I'm a cynical smart-ass.

8. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

"Kick-Ass"- Steven Jobs

"Bill Gates named his company after his penis, it's micro and soft"- Larry Ellison( Not exactly worded correctly)

"Monkey See, Monkey Do"- Don't know

"Beer, the cause and the solution of all life's problems"- Homer Jay Simpson

"Ants, they taste salty"- Cassidy Wright

"Ants are so much like human beings as to be an embarrassment. They farm fongus, raise aphids as livestock, launch armies into war, use chemical sprays to alarm and confuse enemies, capture slaves, engage in child labor, and enchange information ceaselessy. They do everything but watch television"- Lewis Thomas, The lives of a Cell

9. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Anything I have said in the past and put in my sig as such....

10. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

"The key to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" -Albert Einstein

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

"Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities, because it is the quality which guarantees all others." Winston Churchill

"There has to be a purpose to it all. I believe that I was chosen for a purpose far beyond our simple reasoning." Destiny Winston Churchill

"To improve is to change; to be perfect is the change often." Winston Churchill

"The greatest advances in human civilization have come when we recovered what we had lost; when we learned the lesson's of history." Winston Churchill "In my belief, you cannot deal with the most serious things in the world unless you also understand the most amusing." Winston Churchill

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

12. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

i remember that quote from Command & Conquer: Red Alert, heh. Stalin says it. where did you hear it?

13. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

mine all tend to be from songs.... and they change with my current situation in life. or outlook on things etc.

"what gives us the right, to judge without reprisal, to strike retaliation and wash our hands of blood? and who gave us the crown to claim that we're divine? not needing repentance, and drive them into hell..."

14. Mantat macrumors 6502a

''Street junk or billionaires, in the end every body dance with the grimreaper''. Last quote from a criminal sentenced to electric chair.

I personnaly think that last words are great quote simply because they are the last thing people will remember form you so you have to make it count...

Personnaly, right before I die, I will say something like this : ''Before I die, you must know that I hid all my diamonds in the hospital under the...' (die at that moment). I cant stop laughting thinking about the nurse pulling her hair off trying to guess where it could be...

15. alset macrumors 65816

alset

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

16. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

"Sir, you are drunk."

"Madam, you are ugly, and in the morning I'll be sober and you will still be ugly."

Winston Churchill.

17. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

that kinda goes with yout avatar, heh.

18. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

eclipse525