Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
as discovered yesterday: tequila and pims, leathal but good.

pink G&T's are good, though my drink of choice is a bloody mary but with V8.

thought tbh i'd be happier with a case of guinness.

Hector said:
as discovered yesterday: tequila and pims, leathal but good.

pink G&T's are good, though my drink of choice is a bloody mary but with V8.

Enjoyed a very delicious Bloody Mary just this morning @ brunch, and again a/b an hr ago (used Belvedere, V8, 6 Ice Cubes, Lee & Perins, Bub's Bloody Mary Hot Sauce, Krazy Jane's Salt, and a fresh stalk of celery) as a treat for finishing well ahead of my monday deadline. :D

ExMachina

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2006
I love a basic mojito for the summer : crushed limes, sugar, and vodka. MMmmmmm mmmm! :D

[[[[[[[[[[ ExMachina ]]]]]]]]]]
[[[[[[[[[[ Listening to: Hawthorne Heights - Saying Sorry
[[[[[[[[[[ http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/16350927 ]]]]]]]]]]

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
G&T regular with rasberry cordial, if your being cheap any kind of red berry type juice.

it's nasty with vimto btw.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
MultiM said:
A massive jug of sangria.

Yes, Sangria is by far my favorite summer drink, followed closely by mojitos. I love Long Island Ice Tea, but not particularly as a summer drink (although it'll do...I just don't think of the summer when I think of LIIT's :eek: ).

Otherwise I am always happy with any good beer, and recently I've warmed very much to the idea of Riesling! :)

macrumors 68020
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
ExMachina said:
I love a basic mojito for the summer : crushed limes, sugar, and vodka. MMmmmmm mmmm! :D
Arent mojitos made with rum? Could u be refering to a caipiroska?

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
yeah, well my version is somewhat softer, though i've done it with bitters a few times i prefer just some cordial or regular.

Hector said:
yeah, well my version is somewhat softer, though i've done it with bitters a few times i prefer just some cordial or regular.

I've never modified a G&T, based on the it tastes great why mess w/ it when I'm happy doctrine. Usually I try a completely different drink when feeling adventurous. But as for a "seasonal" favorite, I've definately been hooked on the Mojito @ costal flats in Fairfax. Seems to suck me back every damn friday afternoon. I just walk over in a hypnotic state and BAM! it's 8:30 an the whole neighborhood is there @ the bar. :D

OCOTILLO

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2005
Houston, TX
For those of us who have lived in the hot, dry desert, a little sacrilige is in order: beer in a mug full of ice! It is not as bad as it sounds and it keeps you hydrated.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
OCOTILLO said:
For those of us who have lived in the hot, dry desert, a little sacrilige is in order: beer in a mug full of ice! It is not as bad as it sounds and it keeps you hydrated.

I read that in Europe, there are certain kinds of beer which are actually appropriately drank on ice. But I'm not sure which ones they are. I've never been served beer on ice before. But honestly, why not, mate? :eek:

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
i prefer just to leave a can/bottle in the freezer for about two hours, so small ice crystals form then it's like a slush puppie beer.

MultiM

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2006
TO. I've moved!
This thread has made research Mojitos. Never heard of 'em. My wife and I will be exploring Mojito possibilities this coming long weekend. Hopefully I'll remember some of it.........

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Boggle said:
A Gin and Tonic w/ a hit of bitters, campari is the latest brand of choice in the DC area. Very popular in the 17th Street Bars.

So close to a Negroni: a truly lovely cocktail indeed. My go-to choice when I'm in a sophisticated mood. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.