Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Red Dwarf
Father Ted
Black Books
Peep Show
Phoenix Nights
Spooks

probably a couple others too. nothing can beat a British comedy, or drama in the case of Spooks :D I say!

Laser47

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2004
Maryland
Nip/Tuck (Love This Show)
Also Watch
SouthPart
ER

But Nip/Tuck is the mose awesome show on tv.
I used to watch the real world but i lost interest.

Shaun.P

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2003
Omicron Persei 8
I also agree with someone else who said that the present series of the Simpsons sucks. It is truly rubbish right now. I don't know if it's because I've grown out of it, but they hardly make me laugh. I hate how that the beginning of the episodes never reflects the end of the episodes. i.e. this weeks episode - from an Easter celebration to stealing burn's money. Also, did Lisa end up going to Italy? So many unanswered questions.

Family guy is still good though. However, I feel that they don't focus enough on Meg and Chris and sometimes I feel they repeat bits too much (i.e. peters laughing' or in this weeks episode 'POW! Right on the kisser!'.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
FearFactor47 said:
I also agree with someone else who said that the present series of the Simpsons sucks. It is truly rubbish right now. I don't know if it's because I've grown out of it, but they hardly make me laugh. I hate how that the beginning of the episodes never reflects the end of the episodes. i.e. this weeks episode - from an Easter celebration to stealing burn's money. Also, did Lisa end up going to Italy? So many unanswered questions.

Yeah, I hate to say it but it really is getting kind of long in the tooth. I feel kind of obligated to watch it sometimes because I grew up watching the show, but some of the new episodes are just REALLY bad. There was an episode on a couple weeks ago; I can't even remember what it was about. It was so bad that I had to turn it off halfway through. I don't think I've ever intentionally done that during an episode of the Simpsons!

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
MattG said:
Yeah, I hate to say it but it really is getting kind of long in the tooth. I feel kind of obligated to watch it sometimes because I grew up watching the show, but some of the new episodes are just REALLY bad. There was an episode on a couple weeks ago; I can't even remember what it was about. It was so bad that I had to turn it off halfway through. I don't think I've ever intentionally done that during an episode of the Simpsons!

Yep - it's definitely a shadow of its former self. The best seasons were 3-7 (or around there) in my opinion - great writing, great style, and having Conan O'Brien on the team helped as well. :)

Time to put this old horse out to pasture, if you ask me. What was once my favorite show which I watched religiously, is now a show I do not have any interest in tuning in on anymore. :cool:

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
On a sort of related note...anyone get the new Family Guy Vol. 3? My order is being processed by Amazon right now!

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
MattG said:
On a sort of related note...anyone get the new Family Guy Vol. 3? My order is being processed by Amazon right now!

I've asked for it as a Christmas Gift. :D Looking forward to adding it to my collection! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.