Faxing with Panther -Question

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by hsilver, May 3, 2004.

1. hsilver macrumors regular

Does anyone know how to set up the internal modem to send and receive faxes with the new Panther faxing? I have a modem but I also have DSL with a phone line splitter sending a phone line into the modem port and another phone into the DSL modem which goes to the ethernet port. I have a DSL filter on the modem line.

I don't have a dial-up ISP but the only modem settings options are for hooking up to an ISP.

When I hit fax, it doesn't seem to find the modem or get it to connect.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

Panther by itself only receives faxes. You'll need to look for an external program to send. Go to VersionTracker and search for fax. You'll find a multitude of programs that will do this for you.

3. hsilver thread starter macrumors regular

Panther & Fax

Thanks for replying but Panther definitely has Fax send capabilities. You choose print and at the bottom is a Fax selection button that brings you into setting up a fax with cover letters etc.

4. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

Interesting... I didn't notice that. I know the receive fax settings are under Network preferences under the modem.

Sorry for the wrong info!

--tomf87