FBI warned Ashcroft about comm flts pre 911

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by diamond geezer, Mar 30, 2004.

1. diamond geezer macrumors regular

link

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

3. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

It's a grand conspiracy theory to believe in, but how hard is it to believe that the Bush administration heard that the attacks might come, figured that they were unlikely but that even if they did come they could gain free license to do whatever they want afterwards in the name of retaliation, and so did nothing (or little) to prevent them?

Look at the 1999 apartment bombings in Russia that kicked off the second war against Chechnya.

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

there is nothing i put past this administration

5. diamond geezer thread starter macrumors regular

Didn't they actually catch some KGB guys planting a bomb, but were told that it was a training exercise?

I think Putin is a very nasty piece of work indeed, and the whole government as a whole, completely corrupt.

6. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I read the same thing about the KGB guys.

On the other hand (and I realize oil prices are high), the economy in Russia is growing, the country is more stable, and people are more optimistic about the future. I'm not saying I like the guy though. After all, his government did acuse me of being a spy and kick me out. Oops. I've said too much already . . .

7. diamond geezer thread starter macrumors regular

So the end justifies the means...... Mr Bond.

:)

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Yes, stay off planes they may hijack or bomb another plane, try to bomb an airpot, etc...

Definitely proves they knew all about the attack on the White House, Pentagon, and World Trade Center -- and nothing about the old methods terrorists have traditionally used. :rolleyes:

9. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

no evidence

fwiw - i was listening to the premier broadcast of al franken's new radio show. their first guest was former senator bob kerry, who's on the 9/11 commission. he was asked about the ashcroft-no-commercial-flying allegation. kerry said they've looked into it and have found no evidence that it actually happened.