FBI witnesses Prisoner Abuse at Guantanamo

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Music_Producer, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

Some excerpts-

• Detainees seen "chained hand and foot ... with no chair/food/water"
    • Prisoners "urinated or defecated on selves and were left there 18, 24 hours"
    • Witness saw a detainee "with a full beard whose head was wrapped in duct tape"
    • Witness saw detainee draped in an Israeli flag

Interrupting detainees' attempts to pray by putting fluid on their faces and telling them it was menstrual blood.

Beating a detainee who said he had recently undergone abdominal surgery.

Link - http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/01/02/guantanamo/index.html

I mean, sure.. everyone knows abuse takes place on a regular basis at Guantanamo .. but reading about it just p*sses me off more and more. If this can make a regular person like myself hate the administration so much.. you can only imagine what it does to non-Americans.

2. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Agreed, you said it all right there. :cool:

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Not everyone does. Many on the right still think what goes on there is nothing worse than fraternity pranks...

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

This administration has removed any moral high ground the U.S. had by allowing these type of things. Nazi Germany kind of stuff almost. I think Congress should dig into this and find out who Ok'd this stuff? Cheney? Rumsfeld? The President? We allready know old George thinks Torture is a Christian value and Cheney thinks waterboarding isnt torture. Iam ashamed of my own govt. 100% ashamed.

5. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

Fantastic! I just love reading about people spreading the awareness of these Christian values upon which this country was founded! It makes me say, "I'm just ****ing ecstatic to be a human on the dawn of this Bright New American Century! See how far we've come since 2001? See how far we've come since the Nazi death camps? See how far we've come since the Afrikaaner internment camps? See how far we've come since the Inquisition? See how far we've come since the Hebrews whacked Amalekites like gophers at a Chuck-E-Cheese's? See how far we've come since those same Hebrews were enslaved by the Egyptians? See how far we've come since Moonwatcher clubbed his first Ape friend with that femur?" (Cookie for whoever gets the reference)

It's over, folks. It's over. Not one shred of ethical development in the human race in the past several million years. Not a glimpse of common kindness. No understanding of what it means to take the moral high ground in a given situation. Like any child, we know the right thing to do, and we refuse to do it. If you can come up with a single positive repercussion of this ********, I will give you another cookie.

For anyone out there still wondering, this is why people hate us. Because we exploit. Because we humiliate. Because we degrade.

Happy Birthday, World! (according to the highly subjective modern calendar ;) )

6. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

:p cool:p

7. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

"I'll never, ever, ever tell! You're just going to have to torture me to death!"

8. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

i wonder if the topless female guard "among the more buxom of the girls on [their] block"

9. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

What a great example this president has set, Let me get this straight he has been picking up people illegally,transfering them to secret CIA prisons in foreign countrys, giving these people no recourse or trials and holding them for years, Torturing people, and ignoring the Geneva Convention, Our own Constitution and Bill of Rights? Have I missed anything?

How can we the people have let this happen? havent we learned anything in 200 years? Havent we learned anything from the atrocities of Stalin,Hitler,Saddam? Are we a nation of Laws or are we a Nation who allows a sitting President to do anything he wants?

11. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

hey, at least he give them lap dances

yes, i'm kidding.

12. Queso macrumors G4

Well that's realisation and rage done with. Now comes the depression which will be followed finally by unbridled cynicism...

...until you die.

Welcome to Earth, lovely place but it's run by stupid apes!! :)

And that was 2001:A Space Odyssey wasn't it?

13. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

No chairs? Israeli flags? Playing with their minds a bit? Oh, the horror!

They're lucky I'm not in charge there. They'd be singing and dancing to tunes from the "Sound of Music" in perfect harmony by now.

Spend some time in one of their county's prisons for drinking water during Ramadan sometime like I have and you'll be chortling yourself sick when you read this stuff.

14. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

LOL. The power to imprison a Mac user is insignificant compared with the power of the Force. Get strangled by Darth Vader sometime and you'll be like, "OMG! Yay Muslim extremists!"

Why do people continue to post this crap? "As long as we're not as bad as the Nazis/KGB/Grand Ole Opry, we can mentally fondle ourselves all we want. Because WE ARE THE BEST! *gets panties in a twist when some other exploited group seeks revenge*"

Again, my challenge: come up with any substantial positive effect of this, and I'll be immensely impressed. When has this ever worked before? Why do we expect it to work now? Why is this a good idea?

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Dunno. Some of the female soldiers I've known have been kinda scary. Still, you gotta go some way. That would be one of the best.

I believe I speak for everyone here when I say, wha?

Are we also forgetting that some of these people are innocent? Or that no matter how bad our enemies are, lowering ourselves to their level makes us just as bad as they are? We're supposed to be better than that. Personally, I don't think we should be torturing anyone. Anyone. No matter how bad they might be.

Whatsoever you do to the least of us...