FC Express HD 3.5

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by JuniorAdvantage, May 28, 2006.

1. JuniorAdvantage macrumors newbie

I'm in the market for a new laptop with DV editing capabilities.

Since I don't have a ton of money to drop on all the bells and whistles, I'm trying to figure out what the best system would be that also fits into my budget.

I'm looking at the getting a 2.0 GHz MacBook with 1 GB of RAM and putting FC Express HD 3.5 on it. I can't afford the entire FC Studio and going MacbookPro or upping the RAM to 2 GB is really pushing my budget. I have an external FW drive to store DV on.

Would going with those specs give me an adequate editing system? I do quite a bit of editing, but nothing that is super crazy.

I'm just looking to get the best system for my dollar and figured that this would be the best place to get some help and good advice.

Thanks!

2. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

Yes i think a MacBook will definately suffice.

My PowerBook has run incredibly well without a glitch for the exact same purpose, and your MacBook will be much faster.

I only have 1GB of RAM, so not to worry there.

I think you will have a great machine for basic and even pro editing projects, providing you don't want to get heavily into Motion graphics.

Enjoy.

DON'T BUY RAM DIRECT FROM APPLE!!!!!!

Rich.

3. JuniorAdvantage thread starter macrumors newbie

Why no RAM direct from Apple? And where is a good place to get RAM from?

4. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

Just because you'll end up paying lots more £££ $$$ than if you bought it third party.

I'm in the UK so i can't recommend anywhere for you.

Rich.

5. nova818 macrumors newbie

Ram

If you are looking for anything 3rd party (especially RAM, go here. They are quite helpful.