FCC orders AT&T to refund overcharged "grandfathered" data users

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by supertonic, Nov 7, 2012.

1. macrumors member

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012...-refund-overcharged-grandfathered-data-users/

FCC LINK:

2. macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

3. macrumors regular

evilrt

#winning

4. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

"We" all say that. In many businesses it rarely happens or it is rarely implemented as well as you'd want it to be.

5. macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Agreed. I didn't quite write what I was thinking, which was that I found it funny to have the FCC order AT&T to train their CC staff (or at least it can be read as that).

6. macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I saw this over on DSL Reports this morning. I'm sort of surprised it hasn't gotten more play than it has. This is a big B-slap to AT&T for screwing around with forcing unlimited users off the plan for dozens of questionable reasons.

I left AT&T over being one of those (my 'problem' had to do with them defining "tethering" as a Bluetooth connection to a Jambox speaker) customers impacted by their shenanigans. I'm VERY happy on Verizon and have no desire to come back to AT&T (would have left them at end of contract period anyways....better voice reception). But I wonder if I'm entitled to any refund from this ruling?

7. macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Why does AT&T have to refund anybody? If they pushed you onto a tiered data plan that you didn't consent to then by all means you should have the right to get back onto the grandfathered plan. What frustrates me is that these people KNEW that they were switched onto the tiered plans and decided to use more data than the tiered plan offered without being billed for going over. They knowingly used the extra data.