FCE problem?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bloodycape, Jul 7, 2006.

1. bloodycape macrumors 65816

I just recently cleaned installed my computer to fix all my problems. It looks like everything is working. Now it looks like final cut express works well however when I imported a file/opened and unfinished imovie project the so I can edit and view it with FCE no sound was being outputed from the file when I was viewing what I currently had edited in the canvas sequence. However I did have the sound from files that were in the browser waiting to be edited which is odd. Any ideas? Thank you.

2. scan300 macrumors 6502

My first thought would be to rerender the sequence and make sure audio is selected for rendering.

Your clips in your brower should be OK beacause they don't need rendering.

3. bloodycape thread starter macrumors 65816

Well it says it is rendered but how can make sure audio is selected? Because it does look like it is selected.

4. scan300 macrumors 6502

Go to menu item >Sequence>Render all>Both or >Sequence>Render all>Audio to rerender the audio.

Also double check that your audio tracks are on in the timeline. Their little green lights should be on.

Check you audio meter displays to see that there is a signal in your audio tracks.

5. bloodycape thread starter macrumors 65816

Okay the audio meter is showing nothing but I will try the rendering when i get a chance.

6. bloodycape thread starter macrumors 65816

Could it be something in my preference that is causing this?