FCE - render audio?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Mojo67821, May 28, 2006.

1. Mojo67821 macrumors regular

Hey guys, just a quick q here.

I just switched from premiere pro to final cut express. My question is, why so much rendering?

It makes me render an audio file just to play it back on the timeline, but I can hear it when I scrub with the cursor... that doesn't make sense to me.

I've also noticed that some effects have to be rendered before being previewed... in prem pro I didn't have to render hardly anything to preview it.

Are there settings I can change so I can preview without rendering?

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

If you have to render audio 99% of the times that means that it's not a 48k/16bit file. And I don't know about FCE but FCP doesn't like MP3s.

Also, I would venture to guess that FCE lacks much of FCP's RT. Premiere Pro is aimed at people who make a living editing, FCE is aimed at consumers who have out grown iMovie.

Lethal

3. Mojo67821 thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting, so what type of file should I convert mp3's to in order to not have to render them? Can i do this right in FCE?

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

You can use iTunes to convert them to AIFF or WAV files.

iTunes->Preferences->Advanced->Importing and change the settings to 48k, 16bit WAV or AIFF. Then select the songs you want to transcode right/control click and select "convert selection to ____" option. The "___" is whatever your import settings are.

Lethal

5. Mojo67821 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, you've been really helpful

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe