Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ziwi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Right back where I started...
What are the real differences between Final Cut Express and Final Cut Pro? Does pro have the features that equal the cost difference? Is it that much better? Is FCE that much better than iMovie? What would I lose by getting FCE over FC Full Version?

stoid

macrumors 601
FCE is incredible. If I hadn't already purchased FCP3 a long time ago, I would get FCE 2.0. It has all the features of FCP except for the production studio type features like HD video editing and stuff that the prosumer doesn't need anyway. Also, it doesn't have Soundtrack and LiveType technologies. So, if you want those, you'd have to get the full version. Otherwise, FCE is WAY better than iMovie!

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
I think this is one of those things like If you have to ask you will probably be fine with FCE ...

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Kwyjibo said:
I think this is one of those things like If you have to ask you will probably be fine with FCE ...

Agreed.

Some of the biggest differences are you have more keyframing ability in FCP, you can batch capture, and you are not limited to DV.

Lethal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.