FCP 3; Missing Export Options

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by trebblekicked, Jul 3, 2003.

1. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

i'm in the middle of reinstalling FCP3.04 again, and i was wondering if this ever happened to anyone else?

My desktop machine is running FCP 3.04 adn QuickTime Pro 6.3 and i can no longer export an MPEG-2. this effectively renders DVDSP useless, and thusly i'm pretty pissed off.

My tibook runs FCP 3.04 with Quicktime Pro 6.2 and there are no problems. Anyone else have an issue with the upgrade and your QTP key?

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

You need to get the MPEG2 update for QT 6.3 if you haven't already got it, the MPEG2 componant for 6.2 doesn't work with 6.3, run Software update.

Assuming you haven't already done that of course:D

3. trebblekicked thread starter macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

niether software update and quicktime update have suggested MEPG2 update. hoq can i check to see if it's installed? Oh, and Thanks for the quick response:)

4. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

FCP reported that it could't export MPEG2 cos DVDSP wasn't authorised the other day, I launched DVDSP and the problem vanished.

Are you using the MPEG componant for OSX or the one that gets installed with DVDSP?

I think the update is for the stand alone componant.

Just a thought, why don't you use Cleaner 6, it renders MPEG2 much better than QT but is slower (and more expensive)

5. trebblekicked thread starter macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

i'll post the solution in case anyone else comes across the problem...
    it was the DVDSP MPEG-2 codec. it was just weird timing; it disapeared right after updating to QT 6.3, which had that weird MPEG-2 update. reinstalling DVDSP solved the problem.