FCP and Jaguar

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mr Jobs, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Mr Jobs macrumors regular

anyone know if final cut pro works with jaguar without any problems or not...thanks

2. bidge macrumors 6502

3. Archer macrumors newbie

no prob's, even recognizes emagic's sound board. Yeah.

4. 748s macrumors 6502a

748s

fcp 3.0.2 has been qualified for use with 10.2.
    the quicktime 6 included with 10.2 is approved for use with fcp. if you are running fcp on any os x below 10.2 the only approved qt is 5.x

5. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

i use the emi 2|6 also. how is it working for you under Jag? are you getting all 6 outs? any noise?

6. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Man, there must be a lot of bootleggers for FCP 3 because in order to even get the update you have to input your serial number

7. JupiterZen macrumors regular

And what emagic sound board would that be? Because I am waiting and waiting and waiting for them to give me OS X support for their Audiowerk8 soundcard.

But still no dice :(

8. gopher macrumors 65816

The only problem people have had are people using the Final Cut Pro upgrade from 2.x to 3.0. They have needed to install Mac OS 9 to do the update and are outraged on Apple's discussion boards as Apple isn't including Mac OS 9 with Jaguar. At least Apple currently has an up-to-date program to purchase Mac OS 9 for those who don't already have it, and it is included on the restore CDs for those who purchase machines with Jaguar preinstalled, but how long is that going to last?

9. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

well, hoepfully the next updates to FCP, the big ones, will upgrade anywhere form 1.0 on up, but I sort of doubt it. This sucks for people who get a clean install everytime they update the system. 9's on its way out, so this could be a problem. What I'd like to see is a trade in progam. You would send in your disks and your liscences from previous generations, and they return you a full program at the current version. I wouldn't think this wuld make costs higher.