FCP capturing problems...

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by zipper1022, Dec 2, 2006.

1. zipper1022 macrumors regular

i was just trying to capture some footage onto my computer and i don tknow why but i cant get there to be audio....

im geting this message everytime after i capture a clip..

[​IMG]

if someone could tell me how to make it work wiht my sony dcr-vx2100
    thad be great,,,

thanks in advance

2. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

Are the capture and clip settings of the log&capture dialog all correct? Have you check the audio on?

3. zipper1022 thread starter macrumors regular

how do i know the audio sample rate of my camera?

4. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

This also happens to me from time to time and I have not gotten a definite fix. But my clips always have audio and it is never "out of sync" like it warns..

What computer are you using and how much ram does it have? Maybe (this is purely a guess w/ no real understanding behind it) your computer or HD is too slow to write the video and audio fast enough

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Make sure the audio sample rate of your camera is set to 16bit/48k not 12bit/32k.

Lethal

6. Joe K macrumors newbie

I had the same problem when reconecting files, I have a client outside the country, so for us to be able to work we both have copies of the master clips and we just trade the fcp file back and forth with adjustments to the cut. The last time he sent me the file and I reconected the media i got basically the same error and all my audios were out of sync (not in the timeline but in the bins)

can some one tell me why?

7. dollystereo macrumors 6502a

dollystereo

Some time ago, I figured out what the error was, but I dont remember right now. Post me and Screen Shot of your AV Settings and system settings.

8. -DH macrumors 65816

Many users have been reporting that error message when in fact their audio DOES in fact match their tape and their capture and Sequence settings. As far as I've been able to determine, it seems to be an erroneous error message (aka bug, mistake, fluke) and has no effect on the actual audio.

-DH

9. Garden Knowm macrumors 6502

I concur....

It is also vey important that nobody change the names of the clips in the BROWSER.. this can really jack a project....