FCP HD 3.5 Problem

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Ragnaros, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Ragnaros macrumors newbie

I'm not entirely sure what I did but I must have pressed something then the timeline dissapeared. When I went into Windows to see if I could turn on to see the Timeline, instead of being a black text it was grey so I couldn't select it. So then I tried closing the program and reentering it, which only made it so I can't see both the timeline and the canvas. Now both are greyed out so I'm unsure of what to do. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

I'll edit this post once I get the screenshot up.

Edit:

[​IMG]

Also a correction... it is Final Cut Express 3.5 HD

2. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

If I'm reading your post correctly, I think you just need to open up a new project. If thats not, it, could you post a screenshot of your whole screen?

And did you mean FCP 4.5? I don't think there was a 3.5. 4.5 was the one that added the "HD" name on the end.

3. Ragnaros thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah it's Final Cut Express 3.5 HD, sorry about that.:eek:

So I tried opening up a new document but now part of it is untitled project and part of it is the original.

Here it is with the untitled project and the original.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. huntercr macrumors 65816

Did you try the "auto arrange" option? I don't remember what the actual name is, but there is a menu item that resets your windows into the "standard" preset arrangements. I had something very similar to what you're describing happen to me with FCE 2. I blamed it on having dual monitors. But that's really just my guess. Changing the window arrangement brought the windows back out of the "nowhere" they were.

Hope this helps!

5. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

yep, huntercr has it. It happened to me also, and the autoarrange brought back the window. What I did immediately, was to arrange the windows the way I wanted them, and then saved that arrangement in FCP (look under windows), with a name. That way, if it ever happens again, I can just pick my saved arrangement, and everything should come back.

6. Drizzt macrumors member

Drizzt

I did that once with FCE when I was first learning it and it was because I had deleted the Sequence file in the media browser window.

7. Ragnaros thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I'm pretty sure that was it because I tried the auto-arrange prior to posting on the forums. Oh well.

Thanks guys for all the help!:D