FCP HD+Tiger=No Cinema Preview

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pdpfilms, May 12, 2005.

1. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Mannnnn, i knew i should've waited to install tiger
    It's actually not a huge deal, but something that's kinda pissing me off. After installing Tiger (AND the pro app support update that came out yesterday), FCP won't allow me to play video on a second monitor or do the full screen cinema preview thing. In fact, my second monitor doesn't even show up in the "Video Devices" tab under view. The only devices that show up are "none" and my tape deck.
    Has anyone else noticed this or found a way to bring this function back? It better be re-incorporated into FCP 5 or else i'm going to throw my pet monkey out of my flying castle.

2. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

Several Problems with FCP HD & Tiger

There are several problems with FCP HD and Tiger. Apple hasn't come out with an official statement and I'm a bit upset about it. I haven't upgraded to Tiger yet because I don't want to run into problems with FCP HD.

3. pdpfilms thread starter macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

You'd think the pro app support would've fixed these problems. Do you think 10.4.1 will fix this, or will they have to release another update to FCP?

4. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

Who knows. I doubt Apple is going to focus much of their time on FCP HD considering that FCP 5 is coming out in a few weeks. One of the more compelling issues is that FCP HD (4.5) uses Quictime 6.5 and Tiger and FCP 5 use Quicktime 7. Knowing that fact prevented me from upgrading to Tiger. I want to wait for an official announcement from Apple regarding FCP HD on Tiger and if it's a supported combination.

I'd rather wait than run into problems with current and pending projects. Although I really want to upgrade to Tiger and have used it on my friend's system, the wise thing to do is wait.