FCP HD upgrade Problem

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by SuperVillain, Jun 2, 2005.

1. SuperVillain macrumors newbie

May 30, 2005
    Im trying to upgrade my fcp3 on my g5 to 4.5 hd, but when it ask for my code and i enter it the "ok" button stays ghosted. am i doing something wrong?
    Let it be noted that i am using the upgrade disk from my office to my home ( i know, but im not paying twice for the same prog) so i cant really call apple.
    Please someone help me
  2. virus1 macrumors 65816

Jun 24, 2004
    grab it off the net. i know its not really legal or w/e.. but that is what i did for soundtrack pro. i got soundtrack when i bought fcp, so i then bought a soundtrack pro upgrade, but wouldn't accept my fcp serial, so i got a soundtrack serial off the good ol internet and got it that way. i don't feel bad about it because i did legally have the rights to it.
  3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

Jan 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    What "kind" of FCP3 is it? Full program or upgrade? Retail or academic/NFR?

You also might want to try this link. There can be bumps in the upgrade road. Link

4. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

Sep 21, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Just hit the space bar after typing in the serial. Then the "ok" button should turn blue.
  5. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

May 8, 2004
    I Live Where I Live
    The Code for that disc MUST be right for the icon to turn pressable
  6. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

Jun 22, 2004
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    If I remember correctly, i had to hit the space bar once after typing in my serial for FCP4 for it to accept.
  7. SuperVillain thread starter macrumors newbie

May 30, 2005
    thanks guys solved the problem by just going with the first first suggestion. its really strange. the fcp3 i had was he full retail version and i was upgrading to 4.5 hd but the serial on the box didnt work? :confused:
    now im having the same problem with my dvd studio pro 2 upgrade :mad: