Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

technicolor

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
><><><><
I would appreciate any help on this.

Like a dumb azz I removed my external drive to switch USB ports while final cut was open. My media went offline of course so I reconnected it. Then it started dropping frames, so I closed final cut and reopened it. It asked me to reset my scratch disks "video hd is missing" before loading so I pointed it back at my external video drive, then the screen came back and it said " " is missing....with nothing in between the 2 quotes for name. So I hit continue, instead of quit, now when I try to open FCP it just goes thru the regular motions checks to see if a firewire drive is connected and as soon as it is about to open it just closes itself.

Ugh anybody heard of this problem. I googled and could not come up with anything.

Artofilm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2005
The issue you are having is caused by opening final cut before your harddrive is even on or recognised.

Go into the final cut files(most likely in your documents, unless you stored them elsewhere) and trash the final cut prefs.
Reopen final cut and reconnect everything like you did wen first installing the computer.

I hope that helps you out!:D

Artofilm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2005
Im glad it worked for you, I remember having the same problem you did a couple of times.
Its kinda a pain...

Glad I could help out a fellow Final Cut user!:cool:

technicolor

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
><><><><
Artofilm said:
Im glad it worked for you, I remember having the same problem you did a couple of times.
Its kinda a pain...

Glad I could help out a fellow Final Cut user!:cool:
You should of seen me last night. We had rough cut crits in my video class today and needless to say my project was no where near finished...hahaha.
Im glad my teach didnt care too much.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.