FCP: how do I import wide screen footage?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by yamadataro, Jan 29, 2003.

1. yamadataro macrumors 6502

I have a Sony PD 150 and want to play around with the wide screen footage shot on it. Is Final Cut Pro capable of importing it directly? Or do I need some kind of filter to do that?

I understand that the wide screen mode on PD150 is a virtual one, but still want to experiment with it.

Thanks!

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

When you set your capture profile, use the anamorphic 16:9 setting of whichever video standard your on, then remember to set the "Use Square Pixels" function to display it properly.

Actually exporting as 16:9 is another matter, as you may want to "letterbox" for use on standard config monitors, or keep the widescreen aspect, check out the Letterboxing section in the manual.

Remember that you'll need to match the capture settings to the output from your camera, otherwise you'll have to render every clip you put in the timeline.

I took me a while to get used to it, but it's not too difficult, I was using a "virtual" 16:9 camera as well, an actual widescreen lense is an entirely different proposition.

3. yamadataro thread starter macrumors 6502