FCP Studio Shipping dates

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pdpfilms, May 2, 2005.

1. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    I can't find anything on the apple website saying that FCP studio isn't shipping immediately... for FCP 4's release, they said "available this summer". With that said, my shipping date is expected to be "on or before 6/14/2005". I realize that when placing my order it said FCP would take 4-6 weeks to ship and that the given date is the worst case scenario.

But why such a long wait for a software package (that they say) is finished and ready to be used? Does anyone have a sooner expected shipping date or has recieved their copy yet?

Also: My order has been processing in Apple's system for 48 hours now... I've never had an order process for more than 24...
  2. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

Apr 19, 2005
    preorder will do that. plus with the Tiger thing going on their whole order status thing has been fudged beyond belief it seems.

it's probably not "done" yet.. probably close to being completed but not quite. they also require Tiger 10.4.1 and Tiger JUST came out. so they're probably working on finishing up a few things for Tiger before they release it as well. expect it around the time they said.