Fcp Title Tool

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Espnetboy3, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

Im using the title tool in fcp today for the first real time. I usually make my titles in AE or livetype. My question is when I created this title, after i rendered it why does it not look sharp? It looks a little bit pixelated. My render and playback is on high quality i believe.

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Two part answer. Part 1, when the DV kills titles and graphics so when you render the title it goes from "not DV" to "to DV." Part 2, FCP's built in title tool isn't very good. "Title 3D", selectable from the same drop down menu that FCP's title tool is, is much better.

Lethal

3. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Very cool lethal thats what i heard also about that title tool. Also that when you finally render it out to a movie the title doesn't look as bad. I have another question. I was working in avid adrenaline at the studio i intern at and they had a ton of effects, they had the bcc boris plugin package. I was looking for a basic "glow" effect in fcp 4.5 and there isnt any glow. Is there a good basic cheap plugin to get more effects in FCP? Magic bullet and natress are expensive I believe.

4. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

I too don't usually make titles in FCP, but I've noticed that the quality of the font can improve (or reduce) dramatically after rendering if you shift the title up or down one line. It has something to do with the field interlacing, but I can't remember exactly.

5. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

very interesting, it makes sense. Anyone know a good way to create a glow effect? I dont want to have to export into AE

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I think Title 3D has a "glow" type effect. I'm not really sure. I'm not in front of my machine and if I need to make pretty looking titles I do them in PS or AE.

What about LiveType? Can't you do something like that in LiveType?

Lethal

7. Espnetboy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes livetype is pretty amazing. I have my friend make my livetype titles simply because it eats ram and cpu. Being im still using a g4 733mhz 1.2gig ram its rough on my computer.

8. ideaspring macrumors newbie

The general rule is to keep titles on an even number in its position when working with fields in NTSC.