Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Hello guys,

this might probably be a simple thing but how does one import sets of images that 1 image = 1 frame? I've found an option that 1 frame = 1 second but that is not what I want.
What am I overlooking?

OR

Is there a way to import them and then select them all and make them 1 frame each at one go instead of one by one?

Thank you

floh

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2011
Stuttgart, Germany
There are two options that come to mind off the top of my head.

1. In the FCPX options, set the default length of still images to "0.01". You can not do this with the small arrows on the sides of the field (it only goes in seconds), but you can type it in. Then, every image will by default be 1 frame long when imported into the timeline.

2. Put the images you want into the timeline. Mark them all (by dragging a frame around them or, if it's the whole project, just press Cmd+A). Right click and choose "Change duration" (or press Ctrl+D). You can now enter the length you want all those clips to be. To make them one frame, just press "1" end then "Enter".

Both of these options should work. Good luck!

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
There are two options that come to mind off the top of my head.

1. In the FCPX options, set the default length of still images to "0.01". You can not do this with the small arrows on the sides of the field (it only goes in seconds), but you can type it in. Then, every image will by default be 1 frame long when imported into the timeline.

2. Put the images you want into the timeline. Mark them all (by dragging a frame around them or, if it's the whole project, just press Cmd+A). Right click and choose "Change duration" (or press Ctrl+D). You can now enter the length you want all those clips to be. To make them one frame, just press "1" end then "Enter".

Both of these options should work. Good luck!

Awesome, thank you very much. Didn't know about the option 2.
And to make you laugh with option 1 I was using the arrows so when it didn't go under 1 sec i thought it was the end. :)))) Silly me.

Thank you so much for help

blackmoses

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2009
Hello guys,

this might probably be a simple thing but how does one import sets of images that 1 image = 1 frame? I've found an option that 1 frame = 1 second but that is not what I want.
What am I overlooking?

OR

Is there a way to import them and then select them all and make them 1 frame each at one go instead of one by one?

Thank you

How many of these images are there? If it's a whole image sequence, you may want to consider using QuickTime Player 7 (should still be available on the Apple website) to compile the image sequence into a movie for editing, if you don't have any other editing software (like After Effects) that is better suited to such a task.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.