FCPHD won't import

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Phat_Pat, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

OK here i goes... seems like i've been having alot of problems with my recent upgrade. :rolleyes:

OK using a MiniDV Sony camcorder connected via 400 Firewire (Multible connections tried) When trying the use the feauture "Capture now" the video plays for about one second than freezes, and then the spinning ball of death spins until FCPHD is forced to quit.

Out of curouisty i tried importing on iMovie. Worked perfect.

What gives!? a $50 program is working better than a $999 program???

any ideas? :confused:

...G5 DUAL 2.5/2 Gigs RAM/NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL/250 HD/AP/BT/23" Apple Display....

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

According to the Final Cut Pro HD web page, miniDV is not a supported format. OTOH, miniDV is supported by Final Cut Express HD and, of course, iMovie. You are trying to use professional software to edit amateur video. Use iMovie or Final Cut Express HD and you will be fine.

3. mislabeledstar macrumors regular

MiniDV is supported, DV=miniDV. Beyond the fact I've used my GL1, which is a miniDV camera, with Final Cut HD.

As for your problem with importing, I'm not too sure how to help you.

4. 748s macrumors 6502a

748s

sounds like you need to check all ya' settings. i had that problem once a long time back. some settings had changed after upgrading to fcp4. go through "user preferences", "system settings", "audio/video settings", if you can't see anything there try doing "easy setup". capture working in iMovie would indicate the camera/cabling is ok. fcp has a lot more user settings than the plug and play iMovie. fcp is fully scalable. it supports miniDV (aka DV) through to 10-bit uncompressed. check those settings!

5. Phat_Pat thread starter macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

sorry dude but thats not the problem. its supported. Works great on other machines... just not mine.

Went through settings and everything seems good..... apple may be getting a call.....

6. Phat_Pat thread starter macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

Fixed It it seems that Virex was interferring with the import.

I read something on how Nortron does this so i decided to try turning it off and it fixed the problem.

thanks to everyone who helped! :)