FCS: Multiclip Switching vs. Cutting

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cpjakes, May 25, 2006.

1. cpjakes macrumors 6502

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to FCS and I've had to dive right in with a multiple camera angle project. I have three cameras and external audio that are all synchronized. What I can't figure out is the difference between switching and cutting the multiclip sequence that I have. I can play it back, switch between angles in real-time, and markers are placed in the timeline where the switches were made. Once I stop it, the markers disappear and there is no indication of the switches I made.

Is my understanding correct that you can switch between angles without making a cut but if you want to add a transition between the angles, you have to cut and not switch? If this is correct, how do I just switch angles without cutting?

Or is switching only for real-time playback and if you want your final video to be rendered with the angle changes, they must be cut?

Thanks!
    cpjakes

2. cpjakes thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I've mostly figured this out, but I have a new question about exporting the sequences. I've got three angles in my sequence. The first is the multiclip and the other two are the individual angles that make up the multiclip.

So the question is, how do I get all three of them out? By exporting to Compressor, I've only gotten the first one, the other two only have 16 seconds of video and then they die...

Thanks!
    cpjakes