FCX Trickery

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by tehybrid, Nov 21, 2006.

1. tehybrid macrumors member

Okay, I recently got my copy of the Final Cut Express. I was eager to try it out, since I was moving from iMovie, so I grabbed some film. The film was of a play and once I imported it, I noticed it was shot horribly. The stage is slanted in the video, so the camera was not set up level.

I was wondering if it is possible to level out the video; much like croping and rotating an image, but for video. I am hoping this is duable in FCX, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    hybrid

2. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

This issue seems to come up at least once a week. I wonder if we should put it on the front page? :p

Anyway, what you need to do is find the menu inside of the window with your video that allows you to select image + wireframe. This allows you to scale the image, move it, and using the crop tool (it looks like your standard crop tool from Photoshop or something) crop your image.

P-Worm

3. tehybrid thread starter macrumors member

4. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

always turn on image and wireframe.

dont know why its not set to default that way.

there are reasons to turn it off, but more to keep it on.

5. tehybrid thread starter macrumors member

Post wireframe

Ok, I turned on wirefram and set it to the angle I want it at, but then I tried to play it and it is a black background with a blue midsection saying 'Unrendered' In response I went Sequence > Render All > Both
    from there it rendered and when I tried to playback, the video was completely black, but the audio was still there.

hybrid

6. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

dont worry about rendering. drag the playhead thru the timeline, what you see in the window is what will be actually seen.

if you dont see your stuff, you didnt do it right.

sounds like you moved it out of frame or something

what i mean to say is, you cant play un-rendered video, but you can scrub thru it with the playhead.

7. tehybrid thread starter macrumors member

...And it worked! Thank you both very much, this is one of the greater forums I have been to.

hybrid