FDA may limit morning after pills

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thanatoast, May 9, 2004.

1. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Dec 3, 2002
    So here we have the FDA's own scientists recommending broader sales to prevent unwanted pregancy and lower abortions, and the White House claiming that the pill encourages teen sex.

A couple of issues, first, why won't the White House listen to its own angencies?

Second, they're not debating the effectiveness, safety, or even the use of the pill itself, they're concerned about the political issue of teen sex. Is this a responsible way to set conditions for drug approval?

Third, does the White House have any evidence that shows teen sex goes up with the introduction of the pill? Because there's plenty of evidence showing that pregnancies and abortions go down.

Fourth, what in the world is up with conservatives and sex? I've never understood this obsession with stopping all reference to and participation in sex. It doesn't make sense to me.

Fifth, there is *no* abortion with the use of this pill. It says right at the end of the article, it doesn't work if you're already pregnant.

So what is it the White House is trying to accomplish? Do they *truly* believe that if condoms, morning after pills, and abortions were banned that teenagers would stop having sex? Does this make any sense? More likely, I would think, it would simply create more teenage mothers, which conservatives dislike even *more* than teenage sex.

I don't get it. What do they want?
  2. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Jan 1, 2004
    Let me see if I can help!

They don't listen to anybody except who they think is going to vote for them in November. Those numbers are getting limited and all they have left are religious conservatives.