FE-190 or SD600

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by polevault139, Nov 4, 2006.

1. polevault139 macrumors 6502

I just got photoshop from a friend and have been trying to edit some pictures that were taken with my families 5 year old Kodak digital camera. It was horrible trying to edit the images and make them look decent so needless to say I need a new camera.

I've narrowed it down to two choices

Powershot SD600- A friend has one and the image quality looks pretty good

Olympus FE-190- I saw a thread on this and looked at it and it looks right in my price range and i would have enough money left over to buy a 1 GB memory card.

Thank you for you help ahead of time

2. freddy11 macrumors newbie

I have the SD600 and love it. I don't think you'd be sorry if you got it. I would want to see the lcd on the olympus before I bought it. It has 110,000 pixels compared to 173,000 for the canon. Good luck with the shopping.

3. cube macrumors G4

You can find SD cards for 50% of the price of same sized xD cards. And xD cards top right now at 2GB.

But I would look for a newer camera which supports SDHC.

4. polevault139 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the responses. I think I'm leaning more towords the SD600 because of the whole memory card thing. The true test is when i see them in the stores then I will know which one I want

Thanks for the quick responses

5. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

How shall I word this... "Canon is da b0mB!" :p

Get the SD600, you wont regret it. :)

6. polevault139 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for all your advice everyone. I am leaving right now to go get the SD600 and some memory, i think 1GB but I'll see.

Thanks again