FEAR help!

Discussion in 'Games' started by jamesmcd, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesmcd macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

Hi all,

I installed FEAR original onto my computer a while back, and have since left the cds in another town... I had to reformat my computer recently, and I simply copied the game folder from my backup drive and then placed onto my newly reformatted drive. I can do this on Mac OS X so I saw no problem with doing this on Windows (stupid me).

To play, I had to download some missing .dll files, but other than that it worked fine.

Now, I bought FEAR Extraction Point, and you guess it, I can't install it because my original game wont update to 1.07 (or something) because it must be somehow slightly incomplete. Highly annoying.

Does anyone know of the files that I am missing from not doing a 'real' install? I think they must be small files as the game plays fine. All I need to do is update my original game, and the updater is on the EP cd.

To make things more interesting...

I tried to download an original crack to trick the Expansion into thinking that I had the latest version. While this let Extraction Point install, it has no display, just a black screen when loading and on the main menu. You can hear everything though.

Help anyone? Thanks!

(This is on Windows XP on my Intel Mac btw)

2. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

there are actually a bunch of files installed in the c:\windows\ and some folders a like.. also the registry... it's a miracle that you can play the game just fine

if you have the original game, why don't you just install again?

3. jamesmcd thread starter macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

"and have since left the cds in another town"

Actually, another town doesn't quite cut it... Try another country... (I'm an idiot).

If someone could possibly send me any FEAR files that are not in the actual FEAR game folder, that would be very awesome of you.

Cheers.

4. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

there are too many of them and no one knows exactly how many there are... plus there are the registry stuff.. it's not just files

5. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

What you're requesting is illegal, in addition to being against forum rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.