Feasible to Sell RAM?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Earendil, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Earendil macrumors 68000

Earendil

I searched and searched the forum and couldn't find an answer to my question. So even though I'm sure the topic of RAM has been beaten to death, I'm afraid I'm bringing it up again.

I purchased a 1.25 PB 15" last Oct. At the time of ordering it from the Apple.com Edu, the RAM price I was looking at were Apple's built to order prices, a now apparent mistake. I decided against "upgrading" to the single 512stick and kept the two 256sticks. Would have cost me $100+ to make that "upgrade, and I was squeezing my budget as it was.

No worries at the time, because for WHATEVER reason I assumed I could just pawn a 256 chip off to my Dad running a PB 867 15" to help compensate for the price of a new 512.

Low and behold I find Kensington selling 512s for my computer at $79, and a mail in rebate of $25, so for the fun of it I check to make sure my dad has the same type of RAM, he doesn't. Nor will my Mom's G4 Tower (867 as well) except it.

Aside from finding a friend that will take it off my hands, is there anything I can do with this lovely, not-even-six-month-old 256 chip to help recoup my cost? Or does it go to the dumpster? :( :(

Tyler - soon to join the many poor starving college students that own a Mac.
    Earendil

[edit] For those with knowledge, and yet may be turned away from a reply by the fact that they don't have time to look the info up, my 1.25PB runs DDR 2700 according to Crucial.com
    (the G4 tower and 867PB run PC133)

2. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    offer it in this forum, in a cleaner post without the story, but mentioned its brand new

or go the ebay way
    goodluck

3. Earendil thread starter macrumors 68000

Earendil

Any idea where to pick up the nice anti-static wraps that RAM comes in?Alternet "safe" ways to pack it?

Thanks for the idea though!

Tyler
    Earendil