Feast After the Feast PRICE LIST!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by skoker, Nov 25, 2005.

1. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

OK, I'm at the Apple Store Walden Galleria (R016 :p ) and figured that I'd give y'all the official price list they are passing out at the door.

iMac G5 $1198-1658

iBook G4 $898-1198

.Mac $68

Mighty Mouse $38

Airport Express $98

iSight $118

Sanyo Xacti C5 $498

JBL Creature Speakers $78

Bose QuietComfort 2 $299.95

Bose Companion 3 $249.95

Maxtor OneTouch II $198-268

iPod nano Lanyard Headphones $34

iPod nano Armband $24

Incase iPod Cases $14-24

Bose SoundDock $299.95

JBL OnStage and OnStage II $118-138

Shure Sound Isolating Earphones- $78-238

XtremeMac AirPlay- $48

Monster iCarPlay FM transmitter $58

Griffin SmartDeck $24

All Prices are today only while supplys last. NO EDU. discounts allowed today :(

2. djkny macrumors 6502

All nonsense. these prices are barely on par with EDU prices.
    This shouldn't be called "Feast after Feast." This should be called "be a p/t student for one day" OR "You're a sucker" after thanksgiving sale.

3. skoker thread starter macrumors 68000

skoker

Not really. The iSights are $11 less than usual with the edu discount. ($129 vs. $118)

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

the only stuff worth buying it the non apple stuff like the JBL onstage speakers ...... temptation....

5. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Well, although these discounts are not incredible, at least you do get a discount for macs for a day. better than no discounts at all. otherwise some of you would be complaining that no macs are discounted.

6. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

But not everybody is a student...so what's wrong with making EDU prices available to all? A discount is a discount.

7. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

These discounts, aside from the iMac and iBook discounts, are pretty much worthless.

Yes! $5 off the ipod armband! i'm sold! =p

8. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I don't know....they're better than nothing. Remember, not everyone can use the student discount now....

I bought an iSight and Mighty Mouse and saved $42 off retail altogether. I was going to buy them sale or not, so saving $42 is a good thing, I don't know why it wouldn't be. Even saving a few bucks off edu pricing is a good thing. Would you all rather there not be any sale?

9. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

I would love to buy an iBook. Can I get the microsoft office discount today too to get the student and teacher edition for $100 bringing my total to $1000? It would be like getting an iBook for the normal price and the office package for free. So, does the office discount that ends jan 31 stay valid today?

10. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Is this likely to be the last Apple Sale of the year - or is there usually a sale around Xmas time as well?

11. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Yeah, I would also like to know if they have a sale around christmas. Does Apple usually have a sale right after christmas bc stores usually have good deals around then too?

12. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I can't recall any but I'm not entirely sure. Hopefully someone will be able to prove me wrong on this one.

13. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Can someone prove him wrong? I would like to know whether to get an iBook b4 christmas as a gift or get it cheaper after christmas.

14. maya macrumors 68040

maya

There is a very good chance that the iBook will get cheaper once it sports an Intel chip in 2006. Logic really, since chances are that Apple will use the Intel chip, motherboard, etc.. thus reducing cost and offer it to its customers with a profit. ;) :)

Notice I did not say G4. ;) :D

Apple is just clearing out its inventory before releasing Intel products. :eek:

15. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

How much cheaper do you think? More than $100 cheaper?

16. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Cannot comment on how much cheaper, however you can get a fairly good idea by looking at what Intel offers currently for Windows users and decide. I have a good feeling that the iBook Intel will sell for ~600 USD or less and that depends on its offerings. :)

17. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Well the thing is, I am going to get the last PPC version of the iBook, not the Intel version. I hear that apps will be slow bc of rosetta or something. I dont know. But from other people's opinions, I understand that it would be better to get the PPC iBook. i understand if I was going to get an Intel iBook, i should wait a couple years for a few revisions to occur. Is this logical?

18. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

wait a COUPLE of YEARS?!?!? NO, that's not logical

edit; OK, so look at the G5 iMac. It's on it's 3rd version in just overt a year since it's original release. By the time it hits 2 years it could easily have reached it's 5th version. Waiting a couple of months after the release of new ibooks might be logical but not a couple of years.

If you wait a couple of monthsafter the new ibooks are released you'll be able to see if there are any significant issues or not. If not, go ahead and buy, if so, wait a few months more....but really, there's no reason to wait a couple of years

19. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Not last year cuz that when i bought my iMac G5