February 28th Is The Big Day

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by rice_web, Jan 30, 2002.

1. rice_web macrumors 6502a

rice_web

On February 28th, Apple vice-president of education products and solutions, Cheryl VeDoe will be attending the North Dakota Tech Expo. The event is sponsored by eight organizations and will most likely be the spot of the release of the G5. This is the big one folks! No need for Steve Jobs to present such a product, when a seemingly unknown Apple employee will be displaying Apple's latest and greatest in Minot, ND!

Tickets are selling fast as everyone in town realizes that this is the big day for Apple, and Minot is home of all Apple lovers in the midwest, where at least seven people use Macs. Oh, it's going to be fun!

2. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Why on earth would Apple's Education VP present the G5? At the North Dakota Tech Expo, of all places?

Steve will present the G5 at a MW Expo. And nothing anyone can say will change my mind on that. The G5 is a very big thing.

I certainly hope you're joking... otherwise you are hopelessly deluded! :)

3. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    That event will NOT, I repeat, NOT be the venue for the introduction of the G5 chip. It will actually happen in my living room on my birthday in March...Steve has already set it up.

(and I can see by your last line that you're in on your own joke, so never mind) :)

4. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I think we will see G5 Macs sooner that we think, but there is no way that anybody but Steve would introduce them.

When was the last time macs were equal (only in numeric terms) to Intel?

5. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

North Dakota

There is no way that they would release the G5 in North Dakota. It has to be a place with lots of media coverage like MWNY. MWNY is the place!

6. spuncan macrumors 6502

Ever been to North Dakota

sorry to anyone who lives in ND but its empty boring and whatever few people who live there are either old farmers or fat @$$ slack jawed yokles. No nothing will be announced there except maybe a store. And another thing my grampa who was born there was inducted to the tech hall of fame there for revolutionizing aluminum window manufacturing.

7. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

I think it was back in like 1995 with the PowerMac 5400/5500's.....:p

8. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

9. Steve M macrumors newbie

10. dantec macrumors 6502a

11. rice_web thread starter macrumors 6502a

rice_web

North Dakota isn't that bad! Sure you have to drive at least one hundred miles to see a city of 10,000 or more, but life isn't so bad. But for those who didn't notice, this WAS a joke. I was just poking fun at the fact that Apple is actually visiting North Dakota. It must be because our school system uses Macs only.

12. Doraemon macrumors 6502

No way! Apple just released the speedbumped G4s. They won't release a new PowerMac only one month later!

13. grouse macrumors regular

Jobs, that lying b**tard

I can't believe he promised voicegy the launch as well.

I've already booked a markee and the south London brass and wind players (which features a chap with a G5 powerbook which his teacher ordered) as Steve requested. Damn, and what on earth am I going to do with 450 crates of miller lite?

Damn him.

14. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

You guys need to talk to the Woz man....

Dude, Woz gave me this quantum pocket-dimensional supercomputer with a portable interface that looks like a magic 8 ball.

I asked it about G5............It came up: "Don't hold your breath.":D :cool: :rolleyes: ;) :p

15. zuffen macrumors member

NASA to get the first 1500 G5s

Just read this on the wire service.

"NASA will purchase the first 1500 Dual G5 to aid in the attempt to estimate where the next high orbit satellite will fall.

After the recent estimates left half the globe as a possible target for the recent reentry of the Extreme Sports drink Satellite, NASA conclude it need help from the Man who helped create Buzz LightYear. " APP-LE Wire Service Jan 2003

16. tcolling macrumors member

hey grouse

I'll help you drink them.

17. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I can't see Steve Jobs not being at the head of announcing the G5....just doesn't make much sense.....not the way he is...

18. Brent Turbo macrumors member

Re: hey grouse

Does this mean Apple is going to include a 12-pack with every tower? I think the whole key to this Digital Hub thing is free beer. And maybe a printer that rolls doobies for you?

19. MontanaMacster macrumors regular

Heck lets make it February 21st

Why Febraury 21st, it is sooner than Feb 28, MWNY, or MWT, and most importantly it's my birthday, apple has never let me down. I know they will come through for me this time.

20. thecube84 macrumors member

WHAT THE????

What in the name of everything good and decent in this world of ours would convince apple to let the VICE PRESIDENT OF EDUCATIONAL SOLUTIONS INTRODUCE THE FREAKIN G5!!! It doesn't make any sense.

Steve Jobs will do it. He won't let anyone else do it.

And...

he will do it wearing a black turtleneck and bluejeans:D

21. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

those....ugly....black shirts...

I read that Jobs was given a bunch of those black mocknecks from a friend that's a designer or something....so he wears them everyday...

22. midiman macrumors newbie

Re: WHAT THE????

...snicker....I guess some people will never understand sarcasm.

23. madamimadam macrumors 65816

madamimadam

All I know is that the Apollo is supposed to only be able to reach speeds of 1GHz, at least for the moment, and there will be a need to upgrade again in the mid-year (MWNY) and if you account for time taken for new product to actually ship, I should be able to have a new machine for my b-day
    LOL

Hey, we are all allowed to dream

24. thecube84 macrumors member

yesiknow

Yes i understand that he/she was (hopefully) joking. I was beign sarcastic to the sarcasm, or...oh nevermind

25. zuffen macrumors member

"those....ugly....black shirts...
    I read that Jobs was given a bunch of those black mocknecks from a friend that's a designer or something....so he wears them everyday..."

he wears those shirts to cover his mechanical body,
    a long time ago Steve had his head removed from his body and was outfitted with a Next prototype body,

you live computers you might as well be one,

you ever wondered why he always has that little persistant cough while presenting, there was a flaw in the lung pumps and when they start to dry out he looses BS capacity, also the reason for the ever present bottle of water ..well we think it is water..it is actually refined machine oil.

I bet you didn't know that