February press event in China?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by suzerain, Feb 11, 2006.

1. suzerain macrumors regular

Oct 5, 2000
    Beijing, China
    Hi there.

I've heard vague rumblings about an Apple press event and "new products" in China in February. Intially, I just thought that it would be to release some product that is just being released there later, but looking at Apple China's web site, it seems they are advertising the Intel Macs, and the 1 GB Nano, so I don't see what could be missing.

Anyway, since no one (not Think Secret or AppleInsider or MacRumors et al.) seems to be reporting an Apple press event this month, and there is obviously no way Apple is going to announce products in China first, the thought occurred to me: has anyone heard anything about the possibility of an iTunes China store, or can anyone speculate about what else this could be?
  2. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    I've heard that Apple was going to open a iTunes store in China, but the government wouldn't let them do it unless Apple removed all songs and references to 'freedom' and 'democracy'.

3. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

Mar 10, 2005
    Los Angeles, California
    it seems alot of companies would love to take a bite out of China, Even google itself has been launching there, also they have big regulations and such on what the people can search but its a start
  4. whocares macrumors 65816

Oct 9, 2002
    "Introducing the all new iCensure: censure done right.
    Right from the hardware."

:eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :p :p