FEDEX and Apple Deliveries

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Steven1621, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Steven1621 macrumors 6502a

Steven1621

I am fairly sure that my Powerbook will be delivered while I am at school and my parents are at work. I would figure that a computer delivery would have to be signed for. Has anyone ran into this issue before? What can do I in order to recieve my PB?

Thanks

2. Frisco macrumors 68020

Call FedEx and give them your tracking #. See if you can make arrangements for you to pick it personally at the local FedEx office.

3. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

I was wondering the same thing- but the FEDEX web page doesn't work on my computer... I'm sure it explains this on the page , but everytime I try to get on all I get is the spinning beachball... I actually have to force quit Safari sometimes because of it...

4. Frisco macrumors 68020

I have the same problem with Fedex and Safari. If u have Internet Explorer that works fine.
    Here is their Customer Support #
    1.800.Go.FedEx
    (1.800.463.3339).

If they let you pick it up in person ask them what documentation you need to verify your identity and address.

5. Frisco macrumors 68020

http://www.fedex.com/us/services/express/addservopt/hold.html

Within the U.S., when a recipient wishes to pick up a package rather than have it delivered, the sender must mark the "Hold at FedEx Location" section on the airbill and write the address of the FedEx location where the package is to be held. If you include the recipients telephone number, well try to contact the recipient after the package arrives at our facility. For location addresses and hours, visit Locations at fedex.com or call 1.800.Go.FedEx 1.800.463.3339.

Internationally, this service is available at selected locations; please call FedEx Express International Customer Service at 1.800.247.4747 for details. To request, mark the "hold" box and write the recipient street address and phone number on the air waybill, plus the location code, which we can provide when you call us at 1.800.247.4747. Shipments not picked up by the recipient within five business days at the destination location will be considered undeliverable.

Additional Information

FedEx Priority Overnight and FedEx 1Day® Freight shipments normally are available for pickup by 9 a.m. (Monday-Friday) the next business day after shipment at most FedEx locations. FedEx Standard Overnight packages normally are available for pickup by noon the next business day. FedEx 2Day Freight® shipments normally are available by 10:30 a.m. and FedEx 3Day Freight shipments by noon (Monday-Friday) on the scheduled day of delivery in most locations. FedEx 2Day and FedEx Express Saver packages normally are available by noon (MondayFriday) on the scheduled day of delivery at most FedEx locations. (This service is not available for FedEx SameDay® or FedEx First Overnight®.) Please call for Hold at FedEx Location times in Alaska and Hawaii.

FedEx Priority Overnight, FedEx Standard Overnight and FedEx 2Day Hold at FedEx Location shipments not picked up within five business days from the date of shipment will be considered undeliverable. If a FedEx Express Freight "hold" shipment is not picked up, we will attempt to contact the recipient. After three attempts to notify the recipient or shipper, or five business days after the initial notification, whichever occurs first, or if the recipient refuses a freight shipment and delivery cannot be completed, the shipment will be considered undeliverable.