Fedex delivers on Saturday? News to me...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mulletman13, Aug 3, 2005.

1. mulletman13 macrumors 6502a

Jul 1, 2004
    Los Angeles.
    Hey all,

After cancelling an Apple order (for being delayed over a month), working out a bad transaction on ebay that almost screwed me over, I reordered a refurbed iMac from Apple yesterday, and to my surprise, within an hour it was being prepared to ship.

So this morning I recieve (at midnite) an email giving me a tracking number, just telling me info has been relayed to FedEx. The projected delivery date is August 6th, this Saturday (keep in mind this is free shipping).

My question is... should I really get my hopes up for this to arrive on Saturday? I mean last time I ordered my 12" PB from Apple, I sprung for the two day shipping -- which was set to arrive on a Saturday, and didnt get here until Monday.

Should I get my hopes up? (Sorry if this has been posted, I've searched through the forum about delivery and nothing seems to be on about Saturdays :( )

And is it possible that it may even get here Friday? A lot of stories here say that sometimes they get things ahead of projected date... Thanks!
  2. ITASOR macrumors 601

Mar 20, 2005
    Oneida, NY
    I've had FedEx deliver something on a Saturday. It was an overnight rushed package though, I don't know about regular stuff.
  3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    I've had FedEx deliver packages on saturdays numerous times, even using standard shipping. I predict your package will arrive friday or saturday.
  4. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

Jun 28, 2005
    Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
    YEP! My girlfriend's powerbook (see below) came on a Saturday.
  5. atszyman macrumors 68020

Sep 16, 2003
    The Dallas 'burbs
    FedEx Residential delivery runs Tuesday through Saturday, and yes they do deliver on Saturday, as late as 8:00 p.m. I ordered a Garming GPS PDA for X-mas last year and it was delivered that late on a Saturday. Drove me nuts since I spend all day waiting for it, and became convinced it wouldn't show up. Thankfully it did and has been serving me well for over a year and a half. Not used as much since I got my PB but useful nonetheless when I need to travel.
  6. mulletman13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jul 1, 2004
    Los Angeles.
    Hrmmm.... I wish FedEx would scan their items at every location.... things are soooo frustrating, especially in situations like this :

My lord I hope this is wrong...

Will it come tomorrow?... hope so :-\

Grrr more gripes with FedEx :(
  7. tuartboy macrumors 6502a

May 10, 2005
    i bought memory from newegg on wed the 6th.
    it shipped that morning from san diego and was in FW Indiana by the next afternoon. However, Fed Ex just sat on it for a day because "it wasn't scheduled for delivery." Gah...
  8. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

Sep 2, 2004
    Boston, Massachusetts
    I ordered a Dual G5 from MacMall last week at around 9pm on a Wednesday Night. Paid for 2 day shipping via Fed Ex Significantly cheaper then overnite for the 70lb box the G5 comes in. And to My Surprise FedEx had it in my hands the next day at 12pm! Only took 15hrs to get here!

Can't beat that, especially when I only paid for 2 day.