FedEX Gimme my G5!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by 840quadra, Apr 6, 2005.

1. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

I now understand why they want you to pay more, to get your shipment faster.

Apr 6, 2005 6:27 pm
    Departed FedEx sort facility
    ST. PAUL, MN

Apr 6, 2005 2:32 pm
    Scanned at FedEx sort facility
    ST. PAUL, MN

Apr 4, 2005 3:40 am
    Arrived at FedEx sort facility
    ST. PAUL, MN

Apr 2, 2005 6:20 am
    Departed FedEx sort facility
    SACRAMENTO, CA

Apr 2, 2005 4:48 am
    Scanned at FedEx sort facility
    SACRAMENTO, CA

Apr 2, 2005 12:08 am
    Package information transmitted to FedEx
    SACRAMENTO, CA

Apr 1, 2005 2:54 pm
    Customer-Loaded Trailer Picked Up
    SACRAMENTO, CA

If you pay for faster shipping, they don't hold your package for hostage at the sort facility for 2 days!!

I want my G5 NOW!!!!!

< / Rant > :D

2. Logik macrumors 6502a

Sadly this is the case.

What i understood from my shipment was that somewhere along the line the delievery to their main location of shipment was late... 3 days in a row. My powerbook sat in china for 3 days doing nothing because some jackarse couldn't be on time. Finally it shipped and i used the 5 day shipping or whatever it was and it arrived ON the day it was due... though it went from china to my house in 2 days flat with no waiting after it had arrived to the main shipping location. very irritating as it could've been here about 2 days earlier had someone not been incompetent.

3. danm macrumors member

danm

Aren't you worried that new Powermacs are going to be announced soon? I have about $2500 ready for a PM, but I sure would hate to buy one with a new model supposedly right around the corner. Trust me though, I'm not knocking your purchase. ;)

4. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

That kinda sucks. You really should of waited another month for the new PM's. But congrats on your purchase anyway.

5. 840quadra thread starter Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

I am never Bleeding edge.. I can't afford to be!

I know I will be happy with this, just recently I finished a G4 Dual 533 project, before that I had a G4 400 upgraded B&W G3. So needless to say, this PM will be plenty fast for me, for QUITE a long time..

I understand the need for having the newest of newest.. But I do those kinds of buy's in Dirtbikes.. I buy a new KTM 125 (soon 250F) every year, and sell the old one. Once I am done with Dirbikes, I will join the Macintosh community and buy new computers every year ;)

6. danm macrumors member

danm

Fair enough................. what PM did you get?

7. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Be careful 840. Don't give us too many details. I may have to start driving around the Twin Cities searching every Fedex van for your G5. :D :eek:

8. 840quadra thread starter Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

HAHA!!
    I was thinking that after posting it.. I almost posted the Tracking number too :eek: .

Anyway it is now here, it only has one DEEP scratch in the box, but the computer appears to be in good condition, and I am blogging on it now.

The computer I ended up with was the non liquid cooled Dual 2.0 G5. I am really happy with it so far, and after I am done installing some more software on it, I will start my own burnin testing with the system :) .

I will be buying Applecare for it in a few weeks, so I hope to have a long happy life of use out of this, as I do with the Quadra 840. If I don't like it on a year, keep an eye open on Ebay for a PM G5 Dual 2.0 with 2 years of Applecare :).

If I need to sell this, I hope it holds it's value as well as some of the later G4's are now.. $1100 for a Dual 1.2 G4 on ebay still!! :eek:

9. 840quadra thread starter Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Any of the MN apple users ever get together? at say Applebees :D . I would totally love to meet some of the local Mac Users!!