FedEx iPod 4G shipping - signature required?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mrbrown, Aug 4, 2004.

1. mrbrown macrumors 6502

Hey everybody,
    I recently ordered an iPod 4G 20GB that's being shipped to my house via Fedex (direct from Shanghai). The Fedex guy in my area comes either incredibly early (7:30AM) or incredibly late (6PM), and well - I'm usually not awake at 7:30 in the morning and I can't hear the doorbell from my upstairs bedroom. So do the iPods from Shanghai require a signature?

~Tony

2. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

My iPod, delivered by fedex, did not require a signature, but i had to be here to accept it. I couldn't get to the door in time and he left without delivering it, but i was able to catch him before he pulled away in his truck.

3. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Everything FedEx delivers is supposed to be signed for. What you can do is (if waking up early is out of the question) leave a note on the door for the FedEx guy saying you authorize him to leave the package. Date it, sign it, and you should be okay. Occasionally the sender will disallow this kind of thing and insist that you personally sign for it, but that's rare. FedEx left a computer for me using this approach once and numerous other things have been left over the years.

4. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I have had to sign for everything Apple has shipped me via FedEx (but not UPS)......including a keyboard recently.