Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
alep85 said:
Mine says it's still in indy, as of 9:12 AM CST. It arrived there at 1:28 AM. Plus, mine was already cleared for Int'l Shipment Release in Anchorage, not Indy. Does it have to clear there as well? Let me know!

No. It only has to clear once...when it's unloaded and physically hits U.S. soil. There is one flight that goes from Shanghai to ANC to IND with just a brief refuel stop at ANC. Since packages on that flight are not offloaded they go through clearance at IND. That is why you see some people getting clearance at ANC and some at IND. It just depends on what flight there unit was on, and where it was first offloaded in the U.S.

On a side note, it looks like mine is just going to sit at Dulles for the weekend. Bah! T-46hrs and counting...

erp

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2006
almost here

Mine is in the local FedEx facility in north Miami Beach. since 9am today. Ordered CTO 1.83Ghz 2x512MB.

djub

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2006
Mine is at the local Fedex "sort facility" in the city where I live as of early this morning as well.

When they are at sorting facilities are you not able to pick them up as of yet - do they need to make it to the destination facility before you can attempt to pick it up?

nimr0d

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2006
Mine went right from Anchorage to Newark NJ, and now its sitting there(20 miles from my house) and has to go to Elizabeth(18 miles from my house) to get delivered on monday.

What is the procedure for getting apple/fedex to release the package to me today?

ihearthorses

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2006
Hi guys, long time lurker here waiting for my 1.83 as well. It shows at the sorting facility in the town about 10 minutes from here. I'm also curious as to what the procedure is to get Fedex to allow me to pick it up over the weekend. Call apple's support line first and then my local fedex office? I'm waiting to see if it actually leaves the sorting facility, if it does not I guess I can just wait for my 10:30 delivery on Monday, but if it does I'd love to go pick it up.

ekenny

macrumors regular
May 28, 2005
New York
nimr0d said:
Mine went right from Anchorage to Newark NJ, and now its sitting there(20 miles from my house) and has to go to Elizabeth(18 miles from my house) to get delivered on monday.

What is the procedure for getting apple/fedex to release the package to me today?

Ditto on that. Im not sure but I think I might have to wait till it gets to the Edison distribution center to pick it up.

nimr0d

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2006
ekenny said:
Ditto on that. Im not sure but I think I might have to wait till it gets to the Edison distribution center to pick it up.

i thought so too, but when i put in my zipcode at fedex.com it said that the one in elizabeth served my area, soo i'm very confused.

heartarcade

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2006
Canada
ok so im kinda confused.. what does "int'l shippement release" mean? mine is in missauga, ON and it needs to make it to Ottawa, ON (approx 4 hours away)

ihearthorses

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2006
I think that means its going through customs, for some of us that happened in Alaska but I guess it can happen anywhere along the line. For those of you who are like me and your macbook is at "A dest sort facility" near you, I called and am not able to pick it up yet. I'm crossing my fingers that it will reach the next facility today so I can pick it up myself.

nimr0d

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2006
ihearthorses said:
I think that means its going through customs, for some of us that happened in Alaska but I guess it can happen anywhere along the line. For those of you who are like me and your macbook is at "A dest sort facility" near you, I called and am not able to pick it up yet. I'm crossing my fingers that it will reach the next facility today so I can pick it up myself.

what number did you call? i cant find a number anywhere for my facility, and the 1800fedex number i cant figure out how to just talk to a human, and not a dumb computer.

alep85

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
Called the standard customer support line for FedEx, and they told me my laptop has just left Indy, and is headed to the St. Louis hub! Will definately see it Monday!

Int'l shipment release means customs released it for entry into the US. Some people had it happen in Alaska because their MBP was unloaded into the facility (on US soil) and thus needed to pass thru customs. However, others simply refueled in Anchorage and took off again for Indy, so they had to clear customs when they got there. Just like any postal service mail from overseas, FedEx stuff has to clear customs as well, they just seem to do a better job (usually) than USPS does (one time, took USPS 20 DAYS to clear a Canadian shipment of mine!). Hope this helps, as for pickup, if it doesn't arrive in the Destination sort facility, you can't pick it up. Also need Apple's pickup authorization, and since their customer support lines aren't 24/7, I don't see most of us being able to call them and get the auth. sent out by now.

ihearthorses

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2006
nimr0d, call the regular customer support number and instead of saying one of the options just say "representative". i find this works on most of those voice activated systems even if its not listed as an option.

Wes Jordan

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2006
Well, mine has been at the destination sort facility since 6:37 this morning. I called apple to see if they would release it and they refused. I went to FedEx anyway and thye would not get it for me because it was still in a box or whatever. I am pissed that my laptop is just 2 miles away from me but I can't have it until Monday.

alep85

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
Wes Jordan said:
Well, mine has been at the destination sort facility since 6:37 this morning. I called apple to see if they would release it and they refused. I went to FedEx anyway and thye would not get it for me because it was still in a box or whatever. I am pissed that my laptop is just 2 miles away from me but I can't have it until Monday.

Keep trying, one will release it for you. It all depends on who you get.

heartarcade

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2006
Canada
ok so how long does this costums(sp?) stuff generally take.. mine has said that for 24 hours. is this normal.. and another question i know fedex doesnt deliver on sundays so does this mean that no more planes etc will be working today? sorry if these have been answered before and/or stupid.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
heartarcade said:
ok so how long does this costums(sp?) stuff generally take.. mine has said that for 24 hours. is this normal.. and another question i know fedex doesnt deliver on sundays so does this mean that no more planes etc will be working today? sorry if these have been answered before and/or stupid.

FedEx all but shuts down in N.A. on Sat AM until Sun PM so don't expect to see any updates until very late Sun PM at the earliest. FedEx resumes flights and operations on Sun PM

alep85

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
There are a few flights/trucks that come in and out of hubs like Indy (for instance after calling FedEx, mine left Indy yesterday but hasn't been scanned for leaving). So, as you can see, they don't do much on the weekends.

newtomacs

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2006
shipped on 24th from china

i have a 1.83 which i ordered on the 17th of jan. it shipped out of china on the 24th and is currently in greensboro, nc after being in indianapolis for a whole day. i reside in virginia and the delivery date set by fedex is 1st March even though i got upgraded to 2 day shipping. i decided to call fedex and they said that the possibility of me getting it tomorrow is quite slim as the facility in greensboro is closed on sunday.:mad: looks like ill have to wait until tuesday!!!

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
newtomacs said:
i decided to call fedex and they said that the possibility of me getting it tomorrow is quite slim as the facility in greensboro is closed on sunday.:mad: looks like ill have to wait until tuesday!!!

Look the FedEx reps are not always the brightest bulbs in the market. Some probably don't even realize how close Greensboro is to parts of VA.

Is Greensboro your normal "local station"; i.e. that is who delivers all your FedEx packages? If so you stand a great chance of getting your MBP tomorrow. FedEx is closed on Sunday, but they ramp up again on Sunday night. In fact most packages arrive on FedEx planes in the wee hours (3am-6am) then are xfered to the local station for delivery the next day. So if your MBP is in Greensboro and that is your normal station then don't give up hope yet. You'll know one way or the other by 8am tomorrow whether your package is on the van.

newtomacs

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2006
local station is roanoke

hey chupa chupa, thanks for your encouraging words. my local station is actually roanoke, va which is not very far from greensboro at all. i got my fingers crossed for an out for delivery status tomorrow morning!!:D

alep85

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
alep85 said:
There are a few flights/trucks that come in and out of hubs like Indy (for instance after calling FedEx, mine left Indy yesterday but hasn't been scanned for leaving). So, as you can see, they don't do much on the weekends.
Mine was now scanned for leaving Indy @ around 5:13 p.m. Should be in STL by about 10 p.m., ready for delivery tomorrow! I can't wait!

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Well I hope we all survived the weekend :D FedEx is now showing my MBP at the local station. Just waiting to see those magical words "Out for Delivery." In my experience that won't show up in tracking until around 8am. If that doesn't occur believe me I'll be on the horn to get it out of jail. No way I'm letting it sit a FedEx for another day. That would be crazy.

For those who's MBP shipped out of CN last Thurs what experience are you guys having?

UPDATE: Just as I thought. 7:55 tracker update posts "On FedEx Vehicle For Delivery." Jackpot! Yahoo! Don't cha know they'll come right at 10:30. :D

UPDATE II: Shockers of shockers. FedEx guy rings my bell @ 8:40 this AM. Guess I won't have to be singing this song today http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=89037653&s=143441&i=89036743 :D :D

So looks like everyone who's MBP shipped last week should be getting their MBP today! HOORay. BTW the shipping box is even smaller and more compact than the pics let on.

heartarcade

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2006
Canada
gahhh. mine is still says int'l shippement realease. this is actually making me so sad. i want my MBP. :( i hope it comes tomorrow just like it says.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.