FedEx Question

Discussion in 'Community' started by yg17, Aug 23, 2005.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Saturday I ordered the TV out adapter for my iBook to watch divx movies on TV. Anyways, Saturday night I got the notification from Apple that it shipped, and a FedEx tracking number was included in the e-mail. The tracking number was invalid until Sunday night, when it was updated with:

Package data transmitted to FedEx

And it's now Tuesday, and thats where its at. Package is scheduled for Friday delivery, and there's not even a city listed on the tracking page as to where the dumb thing is. I would expect that Monday, the package would have moved somewhere, thus, resulting in an update on the tracking page.

Is it possible that the item was shipped out from somewhere relativley close to me, and because I chose 5 day shipping, FedEx is holding it for a couple days to stretch it out to 5 days (bastards). Did they lose it (even bigger bastards). Or is it normal for the page to not be updated? Thanks

2. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

"Package data transmitted to Fedex" simply means that a shipper filled out an online shipping form. It in no way indicates that a package was ever taken to Fedex or was picked up by Fedex.

3. mpw Guest

They've probably lost it :D

Nah, only kidding I think it's fairly mormally for the tracking site to show no movement then update your packages travels over the last week on the day it arrives with you.

Incidentally is this TV out adapter a new product I've missed? I made the mistake of thinking the adapter out to S-Video would carry the audio but it didn't just the video from the display.

4. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

Nah, its the iBook svideo and composite video adapter. The one thats 20 bucks. Nothing new. I'll get the sound to the TV via a headphone jack to RCA adapter

5. macartistkel macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

Sorry to hear about your trouble--I have a complete HATE for Fedex and I have been on the phone with them (all day sometimes) MANY times for screwing up my packages. I order a ton of stuff online so I get a lot of shipments and FEDEX by far screws up more stuff than UPS--actually UPS has only failed me ONE TIME and I prefer to use them more than any other carrier! I have seriously b*itched for THREE years straight about FEDEX!

6. selloutvixen macrumors member

selloutvixen

I worked closely with FedEx for about a year.

Package data transmitted to FedEx means exactly what it says: FedEx got the word that Apple would be shipping said item. They have NOT picked it up. When packages are picked up, you will see a physical pickup scan. However, it could've been missed and not scanned with a pickup scan. It actually happened relatively commonly. If I were you, I'd call FedEx and have them track the package. If they tell you exactly what I have already told you, insist they call the station to verify the whereabouts of the package. Don't let them tell you they can't.. they can. Keep asking for a manager if they don't comply. If you can't shake any more info out of them, call Apple and explain what happened and ask THEM to deal with FedEx. They do high volume, hence have WAY better customer service reps.

7. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

Aug 23, 2005 6:41 AM

Arrived at FedEx location

SACRAMENTO, CA

about time!