Fedex Saturday Pickup?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mulletman13, Aug 6, 2004.

1. mulletman13 macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

Is anybody familiar with this.... my PowerBook shipped today, Standard Overnight Service.... (i did this not knowing FedEx didnt ship on Saturday) and I really want to recieve my PB tomorrow. I've read on the site that they offer this sortof thing with this delivery method, but it also says it costs extra to pick it up? So basically for me to pick up my Powerbook.... relieving them of delivering it to my house... I have to pay?

Does anybody have any experience with this?

Please I really would like my laptop and I don't feel like I should pay to pick it up. Thanks in advance.

2. SolidGun macrumors 6502

SolidGun

The services offered will differ from location to location. But if you did not specify to have it ready for pickup on Saturday when you ordered, it is highly unlikely that the delievery location will be open for you. When I was at a small town in ND to be away for a while, I had a package overnighted, and it fell on a Saturday. Small town people are nice and I found the guy that ran the store and was able to pick it up.
    This has never been the case being in a metropolitan area. I couldn't even find the pickup/delievery location, and if it is closed, it will stay closed.
    Chances are, you will not be pick up your order until Monday. Sorry to hear that.

3. mulletman13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

Well I've looked at FedEx online, and there are about 5 places around me open on Saturday... my questions are how will i know which one to go to? Will the tracking number show where it's headed by tomorrow morning? (it shipped out three hours ago) And how much will the "handling" fee be to pick it up myself?

Thanks

4. SolidGun macrumors 6502

SolidGun

Are these FedEx delivery warehouses or is it FedEx stores? I know that they don't deliever regular shipment on weekends in most areas.
    I have no idea how you can nail it down as to which location it went to. Can you tell me your location....I would ask for the tracking number, but it wouldn't be too wise to give that out.
    Best you could do is to call FedEx customer service.

5. mulletman13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

Yea my location is New Berlin, WI 53146.

My friend said he had the same problem, and his laptop went through the Waukesha branch. There are about five places within 10 miles from me, and I'm assuming that it will be at one of these tomorrow... but a call to FedEx is highly likely.

... sigh :(

6. SolidGun macrumors 6502

SolidGun

Yeah, I see the five locations, but I can't tell where it is exactly.
    If it is at that warehouse ready for delievery tomorrow around 10-11am, but is not out for delievery (this is usually around 7:30), call FedEx and have them track it down to a certain warehouse and then go there.
    Check the business hours as well to make sure that they are open then. If the trucks aren't out, they are usually nice about giving you the package. This is stupid to say but I will say it just to remind you....take your ID with your delievery address. Hope you get it tomorrow, I know the anticipation and it would be extremely unplesant to have to wait until Monday afternoon.

7. Aoes macrumors newbie

i had to pick my iBook up at the warehouse near me... you have to call Fed Ex's Customer Service at their HQ... then u tell the operator that you would like to pick up the package... and the operator will tell you where it is currently so you can go pick it up...

*note* i did this with FedEx Ground Service on a Weekday hope this helps :)

Oh!!! and they told me to go pick it up after 6:00pm... thats when all the trucks come back in... :(

8. SolidGun macrumors 6502

SolidGun

During normal business days, picking it up after 6:00PM is standard service. This happens when they miss and leave you a slip as well.
    Do not go around 6:00PM for Saturday though, such will not be the case.

9. mulletman13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

grrr it turns out that they're holding my laptop in Memphis Tennessee because they're lazy and will only wait until monday afternoon.

I completely hate FedEx. I could've chosen regular delivery service and still have gotten it by Monday. -_-

10. Nspace macrumors regular

I wanted to do this for my powerbook when it was sitting around in the local depot 5 minutes from my house.

I called and the lady said she would change it for pickup today if not it would deliver tomorrow. Unfrotunately when she tried, Apple specifies when they ship the package that the shipping method cannot be modified or anything, and that I would have to wait for it to be delivered.

Fedex is screwey, especially their tracking system.

I called and it was clearly in my city and had already cleared customs in another Canadian city where it first came in, She claimed my package was not im my city, i told her to look at the tracking chart, and shes like its not in your city! So im like my city is this and this is what it says! Then she says it has not cleared customs, then I replied look at the chart! It has already been cleared! Then the FedEx lady hung up in my face. I WISH I got her name.