FedEx Screws the Pooch AGAIN (And For the Last Time As Far As I Am Concerned)

Discussion in 'Community' started by clayj, Sep 14, 2005.

1. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

So I'm supposed to have Macromedia Studio 8 delivered to me today... I stepped out for about an hour to have lunch, but I left a PostIt note on my door (which is INSIDE a residential condo building to which FedEx do have access) asking them to leave the package at my door.

When I come back, there are no delivery attempt notices, either on the front door to the building or on my condo door... but FedEx' site says that a delivery attempt was made. I've now called FedEx twice to demand that they do their job... either deliver the gorram package or put a delivery attempt notice on my door to show that they've actually been here. They say "it's already back at the station, we'll bring it out tomorow". I said, "you call the station and have someone get in a car and bring my package to me NOW".

This is about the 10th time in the past 18 months where FedEx has TOTALLY screwed the pooch on a delivery to me... I can accept that they couldn't leave the package without me being here to sign for it, but their failure to leave a delivery notice shows that they obviously do not give a rat's ass about doing their fracking job. For all I know, they never even came by here, they just scanned my package as "delivery attempt made" and then went to lunch.

If I don't get my package TODAY, FedEx is going to get added to my list of "F" companies (which also includes Wal-Mart [spit]), and I will badmouth them to everyone I speak to.

2. macartistkel macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

I FEEL LIKE I HAVE TYPED THE SAME POST A MILLION TIMES (although on a different message board many times). I have gone through this **** with FEDEX FOR YEARS. THEY ABSOLUTELY SUCK and I have BITCHED about them just like you. I wish there was something we could do! Sometimes I have spent my entire day on the phone with them because THEY LIE and I bug them over and over again to catch them in their lies. They will tell me that they will call me back as soon as they find my package--BUT I ONLY WAIT like 30 minutes before calling them back and start all over again with another REP. I have FEDEX number memorized from doing this every couple of weeks when I order something.

UPS is so much better---they have only failed me ONE TIME out of dozens!

3. macartistkel macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

Yeah and everything I buy at Wal-mart has usually already been opened and USED by someone else. I hate that freaking store too!

No joke, I even bought some hair curlers one time and drove to a funeral 6 hours away. WHen I got to the hotel room and opened the package there was someone else's hair on the curlers and it looked like Pepsi had been spilled all over them. I WAS PISSED OFF!

4. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Yep, I have had several similar (although probably not quite as bad) experiences with fed-ex. At least when Apple lost my Powerbook and I called, they offered my $50 for my time/effort. Fed-Ex has never made me such an offer. Very poor service for a company BASED on service.

5. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

I had a friend that spent a year testing FedEx vs UPS. His results: they both suck equally.

6. Mac_Freak macrumors 6502a

I am pretty sure that the fault lies on the employee side not the company policies. Every one slacks of from time to time. Honestly, I don't thinks those guys care at all that they quite often deliver very important packages, well to a customer at least.

7. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

That sucks, man.

I've had bad experiences with all of the big three. In my experience, I would rate them best to worst in the order FedEx, UPS, and Airborne. Unlike you (unfortunately), I have always had the best experiences with FedEx. UPS I'm pretty much indifferent about, and I *hate* Airborne. Consistently late, have lost packages, etc.

I'm nervous as I'm having a new guitar delivered to me this week (via UPS)...I'm hoping they follow my instructions on where to leave it so it doesn't get stolen/damaged/etc... :eek:

8. iGary Guest

iGary

Luckily, I get FedEx everyday. I'm pretty tight with the driver.

UPS now knows to nearly bang the door off the hinges afte our last little episode ala overnight Crucial memory.

9. Gwendolyn macrumors member

UPS did this to me about a month ago. I was home all day waiting for a package from Apple, and UPS scanned in their "delivery attempt" at 6.39 pm. I was sitting at home at the time. When I saw it on the website, I looked all over my apartment complex (indoors and outdoors) for the delivery notice, which was never left. I called and left a complaint that the driver claimed a delivery attempt he never made; by 7.30 when the local facility (35 minutes away) called me back, they said the driver had left for the day. I think he just wanted to get out of work, so he "delivery attempted" the packages towards the end of his route instead of delivering them. The distribution center said they would submit a claim to his supervisor.

It's definitely aggravating--I hope you get your package. Good luck.

10. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I think sometime next week, they (fedx) will begin leaving packages at the door unless specifically told not to.

I just canx a package from B&H photo. I ordered a hard drive on monday, as of this afternoon it still had not gone to UPS for 3 day shipping. They said I would probably get it mon, or I could pay extra for overnight shipping.

I'm sorry if I order it on Monday before noon, it had better ship within 24hours, not over 48hours. I accused them of selling stuff they don't have.

11. clayj thread starter macrumors 604

clayj

Well, after a lot of me arguing with them about what their job is, I convinced them that it would be in their best interest to make sure my package was delivered to me today... they dropped it off about 30 minutes ago (it was a driver who was out collecting from the drop-off boxes). I told him that there had been no delivery attempt notice and he said, "Yeah, that's not supposed to happen... it's like when you ask someone why they didn't call you like they were supposed to, and they claim they did but didn't leave a voice message." He understood my point quite well.

Still, the fact that I had to call FedEx numerous times and sit around waiting for them still means they're on my "F" list.