FedEx sucks

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by islanders, Jun 29, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

The tracking claimed it was on schedule to be delivered yesterday 6/28 by 4:30 pm. 4:30 roll around and no package.. tracking then doesn't give an estimated delivery day and the package has "in route" from Alaska..

If it doesn't get here today I'll be out of town and I'm so pissed off they wasted my time that I'm considering not accepting it and get something else. A delay wouldn't bother me but the fact they claimed it was on schedule for the entire delivery day past their own self imposed deadline, wasted my time! :mad:

2. macrumors 6502a

Those jerks.

3. macrumors 65816

Did you think to call FedEx?

4. macrumors G3

mattopotamus

did it ever say "out for delivery"?

5. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Call FedEx. My iPhone was similar and then it said it would be delivered the following Monday. It arrived at 8 pm on Friday, 6 hours after the proposed delivery time.

On a side note, calm down. Why order something when you have such a strict delivery schedule? You can blame FedEx but I value people being safe over getting my crap.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Call them for what? They didn't deliver when they said they would, erased the original estimated delivery date.

----------

The point is they didn't deliver on the day they claimed it would be "on schedule" . Had they been forthcoming I would have made other arrangements. UPS updates the estimated delivery well in advance. The also don't erase the original shipping information, so what's the point of calling them when the person won't even know it was originally scheduled to delivered the day before? Of course I know it will get here eventually. I'm just not going to be waiting around for it with this kind of communication.

I plan to call apple during regular business hours.

I'm just posting this to inform other people of the situation so their time won't be wasted. Sorry some of you have a problem with that.

I will inform both FedEx and Apple of my dissatisfaction with their courier and service.

7. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

FedEx isn't perfect and sometimes things happen beyond their control affecting their delivery schedules. Did you stop to consider that perhaps somewhere in the delivery chain a car accident occurred with a truck that has your MBA on it, and that the fault wasn't that of the FedEx driver but someone else's? That would put your delivery behind.

We can go into all kinds of "what if" scenarios, but the bottom line is, they aren't perfect, and neither is anyone else. So you should think about cutting them some slack and have a little grace.

If you choose to send it back, that's your choice of course, but don't fool yourself in thinking that it will teach anyone a lesson.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

UPS manages to update their tracking when the package doesn't reach a certain point at a certain time. If FedEx chooses not to invest in the same upgrade they can be responsible for their customers dissatisfaction.

----------

What a bunch of corporate fan boys.

I've had hundreds of delivers and this is the worst one.

9. macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

FedEx is the worst!!

10. macrumors 6502

Higgs1

Both my airs actually arrived a day earlier than projected on FedEx's site, lol. But yeah denying a delivery and sending it back makes no sense, only one hurting is you by missing out on an awesome computer. It won't hurt FedEx or apple one bit.

Also did you see this on their website?

May also be affecting your area....

11. macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I deal a lot with FedEx and UPS. Personally I like FedEx more. UPS has ticked me off so many times. Anything could have happened. Maybe the truck broke down or maybe the truck driver screwed up.

Keep us updated.

12. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Had they been forthcoming? They're good but they can't exactly plan for the unplanned. I'm sure they're real sorry but chill out. I don't have a problem that you're posting about it, I'm saying you are extremely narrow-minded to believe that this was personal or that they somehow screwed you. Don't order stuff when you're supposed to leave for vacation the next day. They screwed up, I'm sure they'll apologize for that, but that is all it is ... a screw up.

13. macrumors 6502a

These shipping dates for all carriers are Estimates, not guarantees.

Unforeseen issues happen, mechanical breakdown, weather, natural disasters, mis routing.

Just about anything can happen and if and when it does, your package will be delayed.

Calling will get you more information then the web site displays.

The agent has access to all the legs of the trip and any delays encountered along the way.

Its frustrating when it doesn't work but even more so to think you can plan life's satisfaction around a package delivers companies performance.

----------

These shipping dates for all carriers are Estimates, not guarantees.

Unforeseen issues happen, mechanical breakdown, weather, natural disasters, mis routing.

Just about anything can happen and if and when it does, your package will be delayed.

Calling will get you more information then the web site displays.

The agent has access to all the legs of the trip and any delays encountered along the way.

Its frustrating when it doesn't work but even more so to think you can plan life's satisfaction around any package delivery companies performance.

14. macrumors 65816

Uh call them so that you can figure out what is the cause for your package not being delivered? How can you complain about a company without reaching out first to see what their response is? The delivery date is an estimate just like you specified in your original post. Yes, it usually comes on the date they specify but things happen and nothing is guaranteed.

15. macrumors member

So you want to cancel your order from APPLE to get back at FedEX without even calling them (FedEx) to voice a complaint?

I am kinda confused how this will accomplish anything in the end.....

16. macrumors member

Calling them won't help, you'll just get a computer that will repeat to you whatever the online tracking is telling you. If there is a way to actually talk to a person, I couldn't figure it out.

My new Air was scheduled to arrive Friday, but their online tracking said the driver couldn't locate my address. However, I was off that day and saw a FedEx truck go speeding by while I was outside. I tried to call them to explain that they had driven past my house after I saw online that they couldn't find my address, but I couldn't get past the computer.

17. ericrwalker, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012

macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I had a package (from UPS) once that was scheduled for a Thursday. Thursday morning it showed it was at my local UPS location, then "out for deliverely". Later that day it showed it was in Syracuse (over 2 hours away) and they never changed the estimated delivery dates, I ended up getting in on Monday.

So they do make mistakes and sometimes put items on the wrong truck, deliver to the wrong house, misplace the items, or the truck could break down.

So I have to agree with you.

18. macrumors regular

geoffm33

I ship hundreds of packages per day with FedEx and have with UPS in the past. Both are excellent at what they do. Neither are perfect. People asking you to calm down and use common sense does not make them fanboys.

19. macrumors 65816

What we are seeing is the electronic equivalent of a 2 year old throwing tantrum in the candy aisle in the grocery store.

20. macrumors 68000

oneMadRssn

UPS uses unionized delivery drivers who are often caught on camera throwing and kicked your packages, sleeping on the job, and opening boxes and NOT being fired for it.

FedEx is not unionized, and their drivers get caught doing that sort of stuff far less often and do get fired for it.

I choose FedEx over UPS.

21. macrumors newbie

Hold

Hey guy just relax if the product doesn't show up within a week of the estimated delivery time then you can call. But as to the tracking number system they have it should have regular updates not just every major point. Id be interested to see some type of a gps system for the trucks that tells you what the delivery truck is doing and gives you an alert when its stopped at your intended delivery point.

22. thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry to vent my frustration here. This is going back. I was here the entire day they said it was scheduled to be delivered. I wont' be around today to sign for it and next week is July 4th. there was no update as to what day it would be delivered. I can't schedule my time around inaccurte tracking information. I'll give the bag I ordered to my niece for her MBP 13 and move on with life without the MBA :)

23. macrumors member

Its an estimate, sometimes it's exact, sometimes not. Still it does exactly what it's supposed to do, give you details of the route and estimate for arrival. The fact that you act like 12y old and didn't understand what the purpose for tracking ESTIMATE is, is neither the fault of FedEx or Apple.

Plus it sounds like you didn't even need the MBA so be glad, you're ~$1000 richer.

24. macrumors 68000

oneMadRssn

Also worth noting, FedEx is very willing to hold your package and work with you to get it there around your schedule. Just call them and ask. Plus it's free, unlike with UPS.

I've had them hold my package and deliver it on another day when I was sure I would be home, or just hold it at their facility so that I could come and pick it up on my own time. They are happy to do both, and each time it's worked out fine.

Then again, it sounds like you're trying to weasel out of getting this laptop and blaming it on FedEx. Sheesh.

----------

We must dial two different numbers. I call 1-800-GO-FEDEX, and I get to a person within a few minutes. When they ask what you're calling about, just say "customer representative" or "customer support", and then yes/no to the international question. Done.

25. macrumors 601

ixodes

FedEx & Apple = Winning

My FedEx experience has been every bit as great, as I've experienced with Apple.

There's nothing else to say, they're both World Class :)