Fedex tracking online

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Pass2Yao, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Pass2Yao macrumors member

Hey everybody. Last Thursday I made the jump into the mac world by buying the 12" pb, rev. c, refurb. from apple online. Needless to say, I've been incessantly clicking on fedex's tracking online. Ever since Thursday, it's indicated that it's "in transit" in Sacramento...and no other updates. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow in Louisiana!

Even though it has my delivery address correct, does "in transit" mean that fedex hasn't updated it yet, or that it's going to some lucky person in sacramento? For UPS, "in transit" means that its out to delivery...so I'm hoping the lingo is different for fedex. Anybody else had this experience with fedex before?

p.s. if Fed ex and UPS merged...would they be called FedUP ? :p

2. iBert macrumors regular

iBert

they usually update late at night. or everytime it arrives at a fed ex ramp. so it could depend. Welcome to the mac world!

3. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

you probably got ground shipping, so don't worry... in transit means just that... it's in transit between sacramento and you...

as stated above, check the site mostly late and night and early in the morning... don't worry, i'm sure you'll get it tomorrow...

reality

4. numark macrumors member

I've had a number of packages where Fedex decides to do a "burst" of updates all at once. Meaning, they don't update the status immediately, but decide to do a couple of them all at once later in the day. I can't really figure out a pattern for it, but sometimes I'll go to sleep with a package supposedly halfway across the country, and wake up a couple hours later to find it almost at my doorstep.

5. Pass2Yao thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. I'll just patiently wait until tonight and see what the update is then.

I'll be posting reviews of my refurb. rev. c. 12" pb soon too...and also reviews of the pro. brenthaven shoulder bag, as soon as they come in.

and thanks for the welcome ibert, it feels good to join this community.
    -louis

6. LiveForPhysics macrumors newbie

I'm eagerly awaiting a Powerbook and iPod via FedEx as well, and its expected delivery date is set for today; however, the condition of the shipment still remains as "Scanned at FedEx sort facility" in Sacramento, which is about a 3-hour drive from my town (Salinas). Do you think the shipment can still make it in today, or will I have to wait one more day for the darn thing to come?

7. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

Probably 1 more day. It usually says "On Truck For Delivery" right before it arrives, in my experience.

Lee Tom

8. dejaentendu macrumors newbie

Well for me, the estimated shipping date has always been correct when I've had things shipped.

I know how it is when you're sitting there waiting for that tracking page to update. I must have reloaded the page over a hundred times each day when I was waiting for my PowerBook to come. Anyway, have fun and good luck.

9. LiveForPhysics macrumors newbie

Yeah, the wait is really starting to annoy me. I've been reloading my Powerbook's shipment status @ the FedEx site nonstop since this morning with no update as of yet. I'll be really disappointed if it doesn't arrive by tomorrow. I guess the best thing I can do right now is sleep or something. :(

10. Pass2Yao thread starter macrumors member

Sorry to hear about your angst Physics, but I can definitely empathize with you. For myself, I was :D to see that the Fedex man did come today and he brought both my brenthaven bag and my pb...reviews of both should be up fairly soon.

What happened was that there was a delay in updates for my tracking...it came in bursts, just as numark experienced also.

Hope you get it tomorrow!

11. LiveForPhysics macrumors newbie

Good to hear your Powerbook and Brenthaven Bag made it to you safe and sound, Pass2Yao! I checked the status of my order a couple minutes ago, and for some reason the expected delivery date for my Powerbook suddenly disappeared! :eek: That kinda freaked me out a little bit at first, but hopefully the people at the site are probably processing another expected delivery date since it was unable to be shipped today. I guess it's back to sleep for me.