feedback on a development

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by hidea, Feb 8, 2007.

1. hidea macrumors regular

Hey all,

I'm looking for feedback, for a website at its very early stage of development.

I can't tell you who I work for :p, but the company sells computer products.

I'm just the designer there, and I do what they want. Some parts of it may look familiar (drag items here :p), because i was explicitly told to do it a certain way, please don't shoot me ;P.

Comments?

(yes, I'm ashamed having to use XP for the screenshot, but it's all done in Mac :p) :apple:

p.s. yea, the middle section? that's just a place holder ;P
    (I was dead tired, don't wanna come up with an 'actual' ad. for valentine's day event. our current ad. is too ugly for my standards it was done by someone else).

[​IMG]

2. arf macrumors member

arf

erm..... nothing to see here? Did you forget to attach and image or something?

:confused:

edit, ok my bad, I think camino was being weird, I can see it now, so after that I'd better comment.

OK, pretty good overall, yes, I see that's it has certainly has elements 'influenced' by a certain company.

If anything I'd say that it's a bit lacking in colour. I think that the overall look and feel is good but it could just do with a little more punch. Perhaps a darker blue for some of the text or graphics? It's very nearly there, could just do with looking a little less 'washed out'. Hope this is of some help.....

arf

3. hidea thread starter macrumors regular

4. hidea thread starter macrumors regular

The colours, I don't know. That's Photoshop CS3 not matching colours properly. It looks hell more vibrant in our monitors here.

Actually, it looks washed out under preview as well :(. Looks good ONLY in PSCS3 (we made sure colour space are the same as well! unless we're missing something)

5. ChicoWeb macrumors 65816

ChicoWeb

It's very good from a GUI standpoint. Very east to read and understand. Does it WOW me, not quite, but I bet with a decent header and some more colour you could. I really like the colums and column headings.

Keep it up.

6. hidea thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks to those who replied,

I'm still looking for more feedback or inputs :), especially from a 'usability' point of view. I understand it's a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy to early to tell/judge, but I'm still gathering data/info on the style guide I should be using.

Hopefully, within this week or so, I can fix this colour correction issue in CS3, so it saves it in the colour space I am using (instead of a washed out one).

7. hidea thread starter macrumors regular

not enough people visit this forum I take it? :p