1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Feedback on Apple TV formatted podcast

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by movingrushmore, Aug 22, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

movingrushmore

Hey all. We started an HD podcast awhile back and its formatted for the apple TV. I don't actually own an Apple TV myself, so I was wondering if I could get a little feedback on the quality from some of you. And also just to make sure that the feed is functioning properly for the ATV. Any input is much appreciated.
    -T
    Here's the link to the feed in itunes...
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=255535117
    Just in case it didn't copy correctly you can get the feed at movingrushmore.com

2. macrumors 68020

theBB

I'll give it a try tonight.

3. macrumors 68020

theBB

I have tried it. It works fine technically, but I gotta say it does not really look HD quality. Much of the walls in the background looks quite pixelated. I guess it is inevitable given the compression, but I wonder if you can actually get better quality with less resolution, as you'd need less compression for the same size file.

4. macrumors newbie

movingrushmore

Hey BB. Thanks for checking it out for me. Would you mind telling me what size and type of a display you have and which episode you checked out? I really appreciate the input.

5. macrumors 68020

theBB

I have a 26' Samsung CRT HDTV, so LCD owners might have a different outcome. I have watched Episode #19, I believe, the one on top in iTunes list. The colors and sound was really good. I enjoyed the editing, the fast cuts between scenes. Good job... :)

I think the pixelated walls is normal for MPEG4 or H264 compression, I don't know which one yours was. For some reason, backgrounds with slowly varying details, like a dirty wall let's say, looks very pixelated when I rip a DVD with Handbrake, even though the rest of the stuff looks quite good.

6. macrumors newbie

movingrushmore

Thanks!

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response. Its much appreciated. I might try upping the bit rate some for some of the faster moving stuff... hopefully that'll help some.