Feedback please

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by playm0de, Sep 15, 2006.

1. playm0de macrumors member

Jun 18, 2006
    I am contemplating selling my 20 inch iMac Core Duo. With that money I was thinking about buying a 12 inch powerbook g4 (have always liked the small powerbooks, and I think the macbooks have many problems). I would still have $1200, in my bank account...and after Christmas cash I would then buy one of the new 20 inch iMacs. I really just want a laptop right now, and dont need the power of the iMac. Feedback, or opinions on this?
  2. jne381 macrumors regular

Feb 27, 2006
    Grand Rapids
    I would sell the iMac and get the MacBook. Most of them don't in fact have problems, but all the problems I have heard about Apple seems to be fixing them. The 12 inch PB is a nice machine, but I think that you would get more milage out of a MB.
  3. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

Aug 15, 2006
    id say get a macbook, most of them dont have problems and apple is fixing the small number that do like was said above. ^^
  4. pianoman macrumors 68000

May 31, 2006
    i agree that you'll get a lot out of the MB than you would a used PB. intel chips really blow the G4s outta the water!

also, i don't understand why you would want to get a 20" iMac later on. i'd invest in one machine that can do it all - maybe look into a 17" MBP unless you need portability. how about an ACD to hook up to your 12" PB or new MB?
  5. playm0de thread starter macrumors member

Jun 18, 2006
    Hmm, this is interesting. I guess for the same price of a refurbished 12 inch PB I could get a 2.0 ghz macbook from Macmall. Im pretty sure I can end up even selling the iMac and then getting the macbook. I just dont want the macbook to be overly hot, or have any problems. I dont know what to do really.