Feedback please

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by playm0de, Sep 15, 2006.

1. playm0de macrumors member

I am contemplating selling my 20 inch iMac Core Duo. With that money I was thinking about buying a 12 inch powerbook g4 (have always liked the small powerbooks, and I think the macbooks have many problems). I would still have $1200, in my bank account...and after Christmas cash I would then buy one of the new 20 inch iMacs. I really just want a laptop right now, and dont need the power of the iMac. Feedback, or opinions on this?

2. jne381 macrumors regular

I would sell the iMac and get the MacBook. Most of them don't in fact have problems, but all the problems I have heard about Apple seems to be fixing them. The 12 inch PB is a nice machine, but I think that you would get more milage out of a MB.

3. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

id say get a macbook, most of them dont have problems and apple is fixing the small number that do like was said above. ^^

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i agree that you'll get a lot out of the MB than you would a used PB. intel chips really blow the G4s outta the water!

also, i don't understand why you would want to get a 20" iMac later on. i'd invest in one machine that can do it all - maybe look into a 17" MBP unless you need portability. how about an ACD to hook up to your 12" PB or new MB?

5. playm0de thread starter macrumors member

Hmm, this is interesting. I guess for the same price of a refurbished 12 inch PB I could get a 2.0 ghz macbook from Macmall. Im pretty sure I can end up even selling the iMac and then getting the macbook. I just dont want the macbook to be overly hot, or have any problems. I dont know what to do really.