Feedback to Apple about the NEW Powermac.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by zarathustra, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

i just finished writing to the Apple feedback address.

Good Day,

Long time user, first time writer. I just have to let this off my chest:

I have followed Apple, the company, through some rough times and good times. Always enjoyed the innovation and ease of use that came bundled with each machine. While I would never give up the environment I have grown to love to work in, I am continuosly underwhelmed by the hardware offerings.

I know that the Mac gives me a superior experience as far as the OS goes, and knowing all about the Mhz myth (or should that be Ghz Myth), I still feel that we as mac users are a laughing stock of the PC users.

Up until now I could ignore that because the hardware looked gourgeous and performed solidly and I got my job done with it. I LOVED the cube, the Quicksilver case, all the iMacs, even though I had to get used to the flower pot iMac.

And then came the eMac. What an ugly piece of machine. When I first saw a picture, I thought it was a prank. The polish and eye for design seems to have been put on a back burner to cater to the education market, I thought, butI guess I was wrong.

Now the new Powermacs. Sorry for this comment, but Holy Lord it's ugly! What is going on????? Besides the hardware itself being disappoining, it's got to be the ugliest powermac ever! What happened in the design department? Did they make a bet on who can bastardize the quicksilver case worse?

(Trying to stay) Faithfully yours,

XXXXXX

2. DaedalusDE macrumors regular

Honestly i dont see what the problem is. I understand that the new case isnt as suave or sleek as past cases, but who cares if the back of the case is beastly the only time you'll see it is when you want to plug something in, and even then its only for a minute or two (unless you keep your mac at some weird angle for some strange reason). I suggest everyone just stops complaining because the powermac is still a lot more sexy than any PC out there.

3. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

The speaker are in the rear!!!!!!!!!:confused:

And now we have againg the audio imput:)

4. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

it looks more like some peecee guy stuck in his pentium 4 and made a few "mods" to the quicksilver case and then called it a powermac...i really do think someone made a bad hire in the design department

5. DaedalusDE macrumors regular

isnt the speaker the hole in the front on top of the drives?

6. sneed macrumors regular

It certainly isn't their best effort, but after the first blush, it's kind of growing on me.

7. swahilibill macrumors 6502

Re: Feedback to Apple about the NEW Powermac.

why dont ya just stop acting like a total ass. nothing is ever good enough for you people. STOP BEING SUCH A WHINY BITCH ABOUT IT! If you dont like it, dont but it, simple as that, get over it, Jesus, you people amaze me.

8. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

There is only 1 appropriate response to that letter.

*WHAP*SMACK**WHAP*SMACK**WHAP*SMACK**WHAP*SMACK**WHAP*SMACK**WHAP*SMACK**WHAP*SMACK**WHAP*SMACK**WHAP*SMACK**WHAP*SMACK**WHAP*SMACK**WHAP*SMACK**WHAP*SMACK**WHAP*SMACK**WHAP*SMACK**WHAP*SMACK**WHAP*SMACK**WHAP*SMACK**WHAP*SMACK**WHAP*SMACK*:p :D :cool: :rolleyes:

Would you have preferred it in Mica-Blue metallic perhaps? Dumbass.:D

9. zarathustra thread starter macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Re: Re: Feedback to Apple about the NEW Powermac.

Whiny Bitch. Hmmm. Let me guess, you have never studied design (graphic or product)? And having photoshop or some 3d app does not qualify you for a designer....

I have no complaints about the technology or the machine on the INSIDE. It was purely an esthetic shock that made me write to Apple. As I said in my letter, it looks like a PC ripoff of the PowerMac. Not innovative, clean and refined, but clumsy, unbalanced and cluttered as compared to the CUBE, etc.

And I do wish you would refrain from name calling. There is absolutely no NEED for it. Even in my froth-in-the-mouth moments I can control myself and can lead an inteligent discussion. If this is the level of your refinement, I have nothing further to say to you. PS. Mischief, calling someone a DUMBASS and putting smiley faces behind it, does not cancel your insult. If you would have read my letter carefully, I have no complaints about the Macs, I was writing regarding the appearance and lack of polish on some new Macs.

Again, no need for name calling, that's why these forums sometime feel like overrun by pre-teens.

10. swahilibill macrumors 6502

you are so full of it, you belong at Spymac for christ sake. And to prove my point you were bitching:

"And then came the eMac. What an ugly piece of machine. When I first saw a picture, I thought it was a prank. The polish and eye for design seems to have been put on a back burner to cater to the education market, I thought, butI guess I was wrong.

Now the new Powermacs. Sorry for this comment, but Holy Lord it's ugly! What is going on????? Besides the hardware itself being disappoining, it's got to be the ugliest powermac ever! What happened in the design department? Did they make a bet on who can bastardize the quicksilver case worse?"

I would call this bitching, and normal people would too. Like I said nothing is ever good enough, maybe more support from you instead of bull**** letters that prove only the point that you have nothing better to do than sit around waiting to antagonize every product apple comes up with. And just for the record, I am not a preteen, so get off it already, I am a teen. And the fact that I am a teen and can recognze bitching and you can't is quite sad!

11. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Whine,whine,whine I hate the Quicksilver, I hate the new iMac, I hate the eMac, I hate the iBook, I hate the new Powermac

I've heard it all and it just gets old.

12. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

Whatta dumbass.. eMac's are beautifull,one of greatest designed macs ever.. New PowerMac's are slightly ugly but I am still satisfied.

13. job macrumors 68040

job

Re: Re: Re: Feedback to Apple about the NEW Powermac.

Different strokes for different folks. ;) :p

In all seriousness though, it is all a matter of personal prefrence. I don't mind how it looks like from the front (even if the back looks like swiss cheese... :rolleyes: )

I'm not so sure if Apple will change the tower to any great extent, seeing as it is ready for the next generation chip (whatever it may be, whenever it may come out.) I have a feeling that we will be seeing this case design for a long time to come...

14. job macrumors 68040

job

Re: There is only 1 appropriate response to that letter.

I think this smilie (trout slap) is the very definition of what you were trying to say... :D :D

Attached Files:

15. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

zarathustra, you yourself say that you needed time to get used to the Flower Power iMac. This powermac looks a helluva lot better then the Flower Power, maybe you should have taken a few days to cool off before firing off the letter.

16. job macrumors 68040

job

Or at least see it in person and use it first hand....

17. iH8Quark macrumors 6502

that's a bit uncalled for...and I'm not even a frequenter at the local holy spot.

18. swahilibill macrumors 6502

you are kidding me, right

19. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Hey mischief, why not 'splat'??? Is winky still resting up, or are the clones not fully grown yet??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

I'm holding off judgement on it UNTIL I actually see it in person. We all know (those of us with more then two living brain cells at least) that web pictures don't always do products justice. If zarathustra has NOT seen it in person, then he is a complete [and total] moron for posting the letter as well as composing and sending it.

As for design background, I have one... BFA in graphic design and more then a few years in the field to boot (before switching to the better paid IT field).

I might be heading to an Apple store this weekend, or the local Apple reseller(s) to see if anyone actually has one of those beasties on display. I will post my impressions of it AFTER I see it IN PERSON. :p

20. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Admin Warning: Attempts to get around the word censor will get you banned.

21. swahilibill macrumors 6502

Admin Warning: Attempts to get around the word censor will get you banned.

22. Judo macrumors regular

Jeezz you didn't really send that to them did you?

Next time you get all heated under the colar and decide to write a letter maybe you should have a cup of tea and a bit of a lie down first. From my expereince apple computers have always looked better In person than in photos, and they can sometimes take a wee while to grow on me. Also what you sent them was hardly constuctive critisism.

Thats all

Nietzsche fan I'm guessing, Good stuff

"God is dead" ;) :p

23. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

24. Wry Cooter macrumors 6502

This Halloween they are going to announce the Candy Corn colored eMac.

25. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

as long it ISNT a case made by a pc manufacturer mocking a powermac....
    i know it isnt the best designed case ever (cuz of the new look parts), but it now has spots for TWO drives, and has DDR ram (and dual processors) :D, when i saw some of the features i was really happy...either than the look n price, but i was hoping for ddr ram n a new spot for an opticaldrive...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.