Feel Guilty on Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ijimk, Apr 12, 2006.

1. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Part of me can't help but to feel a little guilty about owning and loving my xbox 360. I am a huge Apple fan but love to play games on the side as well. So part of me was curious about the 360 so i got one and love it. Oblivion , Quake 4 and Kameo are so awesome and i am addicted to all of theem and quite surpised on how well thee games are considering most of these are launch titles. Anyway does anyone else here feel a bit guilty about owning and loving the 360? I know it was developed on a mac but still this is microsoft we are talking about. Could microsoft finally have doe something right? :confused:

2. TrueChristian macrumors newbie

Don't be predjudice. If you like something, like it. Don't question it because a lot of people don't like it or will look down on you. Its a game.

3. Malfoy macrumors 6502a

Malfoy

Feel guilty: No.
    MS has done a few things right, most Mac fanboys just don't like to talk about it.

As for the 360 being developed on a Mac? Exactly how do you mean? The designer who made the case it sits in? All the internals were from seperate companies and I'm pretty sure ATI didn't create their graphics card on a Mac, IBM didn't design their processor on a Mac, whoever made the mobo probably didn't design that on a mac.

4. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

But did not IBM create the PowerPC processor? And does not the 360 have a triple core PowerPC processor within it's case?

5. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

No i am talking about the Power Macs they sent out for the devolpers to design the games on. They were G5 power Macs. So what are some of your gamer tags? Mine is ijimk . Just send me a friend request be sure to say you are from MAcrumors so i know i have a few mac friends to game with :)

6. mahashel macrumors 6502

mahashel

You're thinking "those" thoughts about a Microsoft product, my son?
    Give me 10 'My Macs' and 5 'Hail Steves' and your mind will be cleansed. :)

Seriously, since the 360 plays games, movies, music, etc.. I have been able to replace the need for 3 PC's with a single 360. Thus, the "net gain" in the struggle to purge Windows PC's from my house actually improved since the new xbox arrived.

If you feel down, hook your iPod to it to supply the soundtrack for your next gaming session. You'll feel better. :D

7. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

I completely agree. I was like let me see spend anywhere from $800+ to play games or lay out the $400 on an xbox to do the same thing plus it serves as my media center now. Does anyone know a way to play movies from a Mac over the network to it? I have Connect 360 for music and photos all that is left is movies...

8. Malfoy macrumors 6502a

Malfoy

You are correct that IBM did create a PowerPC, but the PowerPC isn't the Mac, the OS is. Because if its the PowerPC thats the Mac, you've got an identity crisis coming with those MacTels.

To IJ...:
    My Xbox name is Malfoy Roark. I play Ghost Recon, Project Gotham, and Top Spin 2. What games you play?

9. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

I play Oblivion , Quake 4, and Kameo. ijimk is my gamer tag if you missed it above.

10. mrfrosty macrumors 6502

I love mine....I love my £50 linksys "turbo slug" just as much though....especially since its now running twonkymedia and streaming to my 360 :)

If you havn't heard of slugs check out......http://www.nslu2-linux.org/

11. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

That is exactly how I felt. My roommate is a big PC gamer, and when I told him I wanted to get Call of Duty 2 for my 360, he was like "you can just get it for PC too", well, since I didn't have a PC system, buy a 360 was far more cheaper, and I know the game would play great without having to upgrade any computer parts.

He has actually come to appreciate the 360, he loves Fight Night and Ghost Recon.

I had no problem paying the $400 for the system, we don't pay for tv or internet, so I save $60+ a month on that. Basically, the 360 and DVD's are the only thing that we have for entertainment, so getting a game or two a month isn't a that ridiculous.

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Enjoy your machine...its good and don't worry about being faithful to apple cuz believe me they are not checking for you.

Enjoy!

Bless

13. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

dont feel guilty 1 bit. Enjoy what you have. Believe me, Apple has their fair share of problems (PM G5 is being serviced for the 3rd time w00t)

14. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    I hear you on the guilty tip...

But not because of Microsoft..

because I am an adult, and spending that much money on video games at my age is sad....imo..

that's why I would feel guilty.

I'll still play games whenever, but I just can't spend that much $$ on vids....

but that's just me.

15. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I don't feel guilty at all. I love my Xbox 360 it is the best console I've ever owned. It just sucks that I had to wait so long for it!

16. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Do you feel guilty when you listen to music or pick up a book or watch tv or go the movies? If not, dont feel guilty about video games. All video games are is a new medium. A fusion of books and movies so to speak. There will be a day, 20-30 years that games are just the norm but in todays sociecty, everything gets blamed on games. Hollywood used to be in a position like that, now their comfy. Its games turn now.

Late 90's, the internet was the new satan, now its games, it will be something else later on

17. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

I like your reasoning...believe me I do....It's all girls' fault I tell ya...

Living with a female has broken me of my GOD GIVEN video game rights!!!

Now I feel guilty if I play a game cuz she's like...."you're a grown man...why are you playing vids??"

I've got issues.....i know...

18. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

haha believe me, I know what you mean. My parents are like as are most girls because they dont really just understand the concept. they view it as such an alienating thing when like i said, its really just a new medium, derived of 2 other formats.

For example, its ok to read murder killing like books and watching a movie is ok too but the minute somebody plays a violent game, were destroying our youth and our generation is going to be more vile because were numbed down to violance? give me a break

19. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

ah games consoles are just universal toys, as in available and targeted to all ages not just for kids.
    I don't know where the girl thing comes into things... I know more gamer girls than gamer guys. Guys here tend to be raving alcoholics or adventure seekers, girls tend to be either raving alcoholics or gamers.

My little sister is addicted to Quake 3, Tony Hawks DS and Nintendogs. My girlfriend is hooked on Animal Crossing DS, Ragnarok and Mario Kart (any flavour). hell, my girlfriends 60 year old mum still plays the vintage Sonic games!

... that said I live in a place that could be equated to Lost.

20. tonyl macrumors 6502

Feel guilty? Xbox360 is really an awesome console.

21. thecheda macrumors 6502

development question.

developed on a mac? any articles?

22. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Zero guilt. Quite happy.

In fact, I don't understand why someone would feel guilty at all. Product that does what I need it to do at a price I can afford. I could care less who made it, or some kind of "psychological allegiance" to a manufacturer, like Apple.

23. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Have no Guilt, as MS make pretty good hardware.

I'm a big fan of xBox and 360, and i hear the mice they make are decent.